Anyone know when Hipmonkey is shipping the Frontier 85?

Mommy0608

I preordered on 3/2, and it says "shipping early March." Just wondering if anyone has heard when they'll actually be shipping. :D

ADS

mpk3

I preordered on 3/2, and it says "shipping early March." Just wondering if anyone has heard when they'll actually be shipping. :D

I was logging in to post the same question. I'm dying to get our new seats!

I have checked the HipMonkey site and there's no new info. Still says, "shipping in early March." Well, it's early March right now! I'm hoping to get a shipping notification soon. :D

Mommy0608

:jaw: :thumbsdown:

That really stinks, if it's true. It doesn't seem right that all these places are promising the seats in early March if they supposedly already knew that they wouldn't have them until April.

On a more selfish note, I NEED this seat by April 20th for our drive to Oklahoma. :(

mpk3

The Frontier 85 will not be available now until mid-APRIL! She commented on all the internet retailers taking pre-orders promising shipments for this week are incorrect. Britax hasn't even begun the manufacturing line for the seats yet.

:eek:

I was starting to get suspicious when I didn't get a shipment notification this week. I'm a little annoyed. I don't think it's right that all of these online sellers still have listed that the shipping is in early March. Oh well. :(

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
:jaw: :thumbsdown:

That really stinks, if it's true. It doesn't seem right that all these places are promising the seats in early March if they supposedly already knew that they wouldn't have them until April.

On a more selfish note, I NEED this seat by April 20th for our drive to Oklahoma. :(

I thought your kiddo still had some growing room in the current seat or was there a recent growth spurt? :confused: Not that it necessarily makes the apparent delay less of a big deal, but is the need truly so pressing? :eek:

Mommy0608

I thought your kiddo still had some growing room in the current seat or was there a recent growth spurt? :confused: Not that it necessarily makes the apparent delay less of a big deal, but is the need truly so pressing? :eek:

I guess I should have put NEED in quotes or something. :eek: She's got a little room, though she did just shoot up in height. She can't use the cupholders on it and it's a HUGE deal to her. She throws a fit if she has a cup in the car and can't put it down somewhere, then she'll throw it (sometimes at me!) My solution so far is just not to give her a cup in the car, but we'll be driving straight through to Oklahoma, so she'll need a cup in the car. The cupholders on the 85 would solve the problem. Like I said, it's rather selfish, but to me, I 'need' the seat. Size and safety wise, I really don't, it's just for convenience (and sanity). It just bugs me that all these retailers are saying early March, if it won't be out until April.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Ah I see, it's a case of the expected grass being greener so to speak, plus probably the ongoing hope for that "perfect" seat that we all tend to strive for. :eek: April 20th might just eke out a seat delivery if the info. from Britax is accurate but you should probably verify with the vendor on the shipping time frame and be prepared to use the current seat if need be, and also see what the payment status is for your order if shipment is delayed until next month. :eek:

Mommy0608

That elusive perfect seat... Yeah, I suppose that's a big part of it. I really do LOVE the Frontier, even the old model, so getting cupholders and a higher height capacity really could get this as close to perfect for us as possible. Doing away with the mesh completely... now THAT would be perfect! ;)

Mommy0608

I just sent a message (via the "ticket" option) to Hipmonkey asking when the seat will be shipping. If/when I get an answer, I will post here.

ETA: Got a response.

My message to Hipmonkey: I see that the site says shipping is early March. I heard from someone who spoke to Britax that the seat will not be available until April. Just wondering if you know when it might be shipped, thanks!

Staff (name removed):
3/10/2010 7:50:20 AM Hi,
I'm sorry but we still have not received these from Britax. We should be getting them in another week or two. Sorry for the delay. Let me know if you are ok waiting or if you need to cancel your order. Thanks!

Last edited:

mpk3

I just sent a message (via the "ticket" option) to Hipmonkey asking when the seat will be shipping. If/when I get an answer, I will post here.

ETA: Got a response.

My message to Hipmonkey: I see that the site says shipping is early March. I heard from someone who spoke to Britax that the seat will not be available until April. Just wondering if you know when it might be shipped, thanks!

Staff (name removed):
3/10/2010 7:50:20 AM Hi,
I'm sorry but we still have not received these from Britax. We should be getting them in another week or two. Sorry for the delay. Let me know if you are ok waiting or if you need to cancel your order. Thanks!

Thanks for sending them a message and for posting the response! :)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Good luck with that. Hipmonkey was horrible about getting my XT out...I wouldn't put much stalk into anything they say about when they expect the seats....I think it was nearly a month before I got my seat when I ordered mine, which was listed as IN-STOCK at the time!

Mommy0608

Good luck with that. Hipmonkey was horrible about getting my XT out...I wouldn't put much stalk into anything they say about when they expect the seats....I think it was nearly a month before I got my seat when I ordered mine, which was listed as IN-STOCK at the time!

Oh bummer. :(

Mommy0608

I just looked at my online statement and I was charged the day I placed the order. :(

I'm tempted to cancel. I don't want to pay for something I don't have, and don't know when I'll have it. Don't online places typically charge you at the time of shipment, not the time of order?

Mylilboyblue

I had an issue with Hipmonkey and my XT when I bought it last year. I waited almost 2 months before canceling, with them telling me each week it was coming. They sent me a check and I ended up ordering from Kids-n-Cribs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC