Anyone know when Hipmonkey is shipping the Frontier 85?

Sweet Mercies

Hmm, I wonder why they didn't tell me this? Oh well. I can't justify having a charge on my account for something that's not on it's way to me. If they didn't charge until it ships, then I'd have kept my order with them.

I agree :( I've never dealt with a company that charges for a product before shipping. :thumbsdown:

ADS

Athena

I agree it is unfortunate that Hip Monkey is making it difficult for people to order from them since it is such a great cause. But I also completely understand the reasons people are having to take their business elsewhere.

(1) Just because someone does not qualify for their free seat, does not mean that it isn't a financial strain to pay for these seats and it is not standard to charge before shipping, especially when it could be another month until it ships.

(2) It is reasonable to need an estimated shipping date and other info and a prompt response.

(3) They are impossible to get in touch with. As far as I can tell, they NEVER answer the phone or return phone messages and it can take up to a couple weeks to hear back by email. By then many of us have given up and bought from someone else.

Unfortunately, It makes it difficult to support the cause, even when we want to. It is wonderful that some people have the ability to still do it, but I understand why others do not. Maybe if the people at Hip Monkey hear about the reasons that some people had to take their business elsewhere (even though they wanted to support the cause), it may help them make some minor changes (like not charging until shipping and responding to inquiries sooner) to do more business in the future because it is a great cause.

CVette

My Hip Monkey update:
- My card was charged a few days after I ordered
- I submitted a contact us form on Saturday inquiring about an updated ship date and have not heard back (maybe it is too soon)
- I left a phone message this afternoon on an answering machine

I checked the website and now the current ship date is 3/22. I hope it is not pushed back any further.

kate909

I submitted a question on Saturday about already being charged for the seat - wondering if that meant it shipped and looking for tracking info. I knew that it hadn't shipped, but I wanted to see what they would say.
On Monday, I got this response:

Hi, we are expecting our first shipment of these in later this week. Your payment reserves your seat as we have already sold out this first shipment. The moment they arrive at our warehouse we will get yours shipped out to you and you will receive an email with tracking info. :)

So, now I wait to see if they will really ship this week ...

mom2sande

I ordered from HipMonkey on 3/14. As of today (3/17), I have NOT been charged.

There website currently says it will ship 3/22 (that's on a Monday). I will give them until the end of that week to give me a tracking number before I take my business elsewhere.

I would be bothered to be charged and not shipped, and especially if it does affect the warranty date.

momto2Es

Senior Community Member
Here's what I got back this morning (I emailed yesterday morning).

Hi, these will be arriving at our warehouse on the 22nd and the moment we unload them on the truck we will be working non-stop on getting them shipped out. So your seat should be shipping out to you on the 22nd and you will receive an email with tracking info once it leaves our warehouse. :)

Thanks!
Christine

Sincerely,

Hip Monkey

BrendansMommy

FYI for anyone interested--

I ordered a Frontier 85 yesterday from AlbeeBaby.com and just got notification that it had shipped. They are running a 15% off sale with the 15OFF coupon code, so I paid $237/w free shipping.

MamaHarp

I just got a shipment notification from HipMonkey for the Frontier 85. Yay! I placed my pre-order with them last week using the 20thanks code, and then contacted them for shipping info. The rep let me know they were expecting to receive the seats last Friday and hoped to ship today, which is exactly what happened.

TeacherAmy

I got this response today:

Hi Amy,
I'm sorry but Britax only sent us 50 of each color seat when we had originally ordered 100. Unfortunately we did not get enough seats to fulfill our waiting list. Our next shipment should be here in two weeks. Let me know if you are ok waiting or if you need to cancel your order. We are very sorry for this delay and inconvenience. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hip Monkey

:(

Laurette

You can get 20% off for a total of $224 at chitchatbaby.com. They have Red Rock and Pink Sky instock ATM.

Oh, you have to join their Facebook page for the code.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC