Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Anyone know when Hipmonkey is shipping the Frontier 85?

I preordered on 3/2, and it says "shipping early March." Just wondering if anyone has heard when they'll actually be shipping.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to
    Jessica 6.18.06 and Tyler 8.5.08
    Both riding in Frontier 85s

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Anyone know when Hipmonkey is shipping the Frontier 85?

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy0608 View Post
    I preordered on 3/2, and it says "shipping early March." Just wondering if anyone has heard when they'll actually be shipping.
    I was logging in to post the same question. I'm dying to get our new seats!

I have checked the HipMonkey site and there's no new info. Still says, "shipping in early March." Well, it's early March right now! I'm hoping to get a shipping notification soon.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

I just noticed your thread and this related post about the FR85 at http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...24#post1208724 stating not until next month per Britax.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Senior Community Member

Totally not cool

That really stinks, if it's true. It doesn't seem right that all these places are promising the seats in early March if they supposedly already knew that they wouldn't have them until April.

On a more selfish note, I NEED this seat by April 20th for our drive to Oklahoma.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to

Carseat Crazy

The Frontier 85 will not be available now until mid-APRIL! She commented on all the internet retailers taking pre-orders promising shipments for this week are incorrect. Britax hasn't even begun the manufacturing line for the seats yet.

I was starting to get suspicious when I didn't get a shipment notification this week. I'm a little annoyed. I don't think it's right that all of these online sellers still have listed that the shipping is in early March. Oh well.

That really stinks, if it's true. It doesn't seem right that all these places are promising the seats in early March if they supposedly already knew that they wouldn't have them until April.

On a more selfish note, I NEED this seat by April 20th for our drive to Oklahoma.
    I thought your kiddo still had some growing room in the current seat or was there a recent growth spurt? Not that it necessarily makes the apparent delay less of a big deal, but is the need truly so pressing?
    Regards,
    Jean

DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanum View Post
    I thought your kiddo still had some growing room in the current seat or was there a recent growth spurt? Not that it necessarily makes the apparent delay less of a big deal, but is the need truly so pressing?
    I guess I should have put NEED in quotes or something. She's got a little room, though she did just shoot up in height. She can't use the cupholders on it and it's a HUGE deal to her. She throws a fit if she has a cup in the car and can't put it down somewhere, then she'll throw it (sometimes at me!) My solution so far is just not to give her a cup in the car, but we'll be driving straight through to Oklahoma, so she'll need a cup in the car. The cupholders on the 85 would solve the problem. Like I said, it's rather selfish, but to me, I 'need' the seat. Size and safety wise, I really don't, it's just for convenience (and sanity). It just bugs me that all these retailers are saying early March, if it won't be out until April.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to

Ah I see, it's a case of the expected grass being greener so to speak, plus probably the ongoing hope for that "perfect" seat that we all tend to strive for. April 20th might just eke out a seat delivery if the info. from Britax is accurate but you should probably verify with the vendor on the shipping time frame and be prepared to use the current seat if need be, and also see what the payment status is for your order if shipment is delayed until next month.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

That elusive perfect seat... Yeah, I suppose that's a big part of it. I really do LOVE the Frontier, even the old model, so getting cupholders and a higher height capacity really could get this as close to perfect for us as possible. Doing away with the mesh completely... now THAT would be perfect!
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to

I just sent a message (via the "ticket" option) to Hipmonkey asking when the seat will be shipping. If/when I get an answer, I will post here.

ETA: Got a response.

My message to Hipmonkey: I see that the site says shipping is early March. I heard from someone who spoke to Britax that the seat will not be available until April. Just wondering if you know when it might be shipped, thanks!

Staff (name removed):
    3/10/2010 7:50:20 AM Hi,
    I'm sorry but we still have not received these from Britax. We should be getting them in another week or two. Sorry for the delay. Let me know if you are ok waiting or if you need to cancel your order. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mommy0608; 03-10-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to

Carseat Crazy

I just sent a message (via the "ticket" option) to Hipmonkey asking when the seat will be shipping. If/when I get an answer, I will post here.

ETA: Got a response.

My message to Hipmonkey: I see that the site says shipping is early March. I heard from someone who spoke to Britax that the seat will not be available until April. Just wondering if you know when it might be shipped, thanks!

Staff (name removed):
    3/10/2010 7:50:20 AM Hi,
    I'm sorry but we still have not received these from Britax. We should be getting them in another week or two. Sorry for the delay. Let me know if you are ok waiting or if you need to cancel your order. Thanks!
    Thanks for sending them a message and for posting the response!

Senior Community Member KaysKidz's Avatar

Good luck with that. Hipmonkey was horrible about getting my XT out...I wouldn't put much stalk into anything they say about when they expect the seats....I think it was nearly a month before I got my seat when I ordered mine, which was listed as IN-STOCK at the time!
    Kay... Former CPST, Working Mom to SIX!
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!
    'Grammy' to Sophia, Kyra,...and Elijah James

Quote Originally Posted by KaysKidz View Post
    Good luck with that. Hipmonkey was horrible about getting my XT out...I wouldn't put much stalk into anything they say about when they expect the seats....I think it was nearly a month before I got my seat when I ordered mine, which was listed as IN-STOCK at the time!
    Oh bummer.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to

Senior Community Member KaysKidz's Avatar

Doesn't mean it'll happen to you....but just prepared for it. KWIM?
    Kay... Former CPST, Working Mom to SIX!
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!
    'Grammy' to Sophia, Kyra,...and Elijah James

According to the KDMF blog, they were estimated to be released 3/9, but there may have been a delay with Britax. I wish I had mine too!
    Melissa, CPST-I/SC
    DD-8y SK Monterey and ParkwaySG
    DS-5y Regent-Onyx and Frontier85
    DS2-1y RF Britax Marathon x 2
    Another surprise due 2/2012

Yeah, I saw that on the blog the other day. I was really hoping it would be true. Oh well.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to

I just looked at my online statement and I was charged the day I placed the order.

I'm tempted to cancel. I don't want to pay for something I don't have, and don't know when I'll have it. Don't online places typically charge you at the time of shipment, not the time of order?
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to

Senior Community Member Mylilboyblue's Avatar

I had an issue with Hipmonkey and my XT when I bought it last year. I waited almost 2 months before canceling, with them telling me each week it was coming. They sent me a check and I ended up ordering from Kids-n-Cribs.

DS1 - 9, DS2 - 6, DS3 - 3, and DS4- due September 2016

Carseat Crazy

We will have our seats around 3/25 .... If anything changes, I'll let you all know.

22. Thank You from: