baby wearers.. What other carriers do a facing out hold?

mykidsmylife

River HATES the BECO. I don't wear her much but when I do she wants to face out. She hates being on my back as well.
I use the Beco sometimes and the Moby but I want something a little easier then the Moby that allows me to face her out.

Soooo what can I use?

Oh and I had a Bjorn but it hurt my shoulders.

Thanks.

ADS

mykidsmylife

I have never heard of Pikkolo... Hmm...

I tried the sling carry and she can push out of it. I need something where I can use my hands more and the ring sling I cant b/c I am scared she will jump out. LOL.

Thanks

itzmeigh

What about a Mei Tai tied in a back carry but on your front with them facing out. Not positive it would work but I don;t see why not. I have no children here to do an example with. Later when Jacob gets home from school I can see if I can tie him on like I'm talking about. He's still under 40 pounds but all leg. But I might be able to atleast show you what I'm talking about.

Another idea would be a back carry but get her up REALLY high so that she can see over your shoulder. I'm not sure that a 10 month old could do a Kangaroo carry for very long. But it is possible if they are very flexable. (I think I did it with Jacob around 10 months old... I can't remember!)

krasota

At her age, it's going to be tough to have her facing out in a way that doesn't put undue stress on your body. A hip carry can work (Ergo, ring sling, pouch, wrap). Freehand has a new SSC which allows facing out, but I don't know until what point.

You could try a mei tai or wrap in a high back carry.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
You can finagle a mei tai to work facing out in a front carry, but it doesn't look comfortable for mom or baby, really. (Their butt needs to be lower than their legs, and it just looks awkward. I've never tried.)

I'd either wear her in the back-carry or use a ring sling to do a hip carry.

mykidsmylife

She doesn't like the hip carry. I have 3 ring slings and have tried. She always tries to flip herself around to face out.

Seriously I need something that will face her out like the Moby does. I don't really worry about her hips/back as she will only be in it at the most 30min a day. When we are outside she will face me but in stores and stuff she won't @@...

Thanks for the ideas. I will see what I can figure out.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Even though it isn't "recommended", i always just used a regular MT to face out, BUT...if i were you, I'd get an Obi. It's sort of like a wrap carry, except it just slips right on, so a lot easier, especially for short trips. I LOVE mine. Wish i had had them always, but i didn't find out about them until after ds was born. http://www.littlepearlbabywear.com/catalog.php?category=30
They show the baby facing in, but you can face them out. i believe it's "not recommended", but eh. It is just an "X"....so it goes over both shoulders, but there's no tying or buckling or anything..just pop baby in and out of the carrier, thats all you have to do.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
You can do a reverse straddle carry with two non-padded ring-slings. Put her back against your chest so that she is straddling the sling instead of your body. Put the other sling on going the opposite direction. Make sure the cross is high up on her chest and that the slings are crossing her shoulders. It feels pretty much like wearing any front pack, but you can spread the fabric out under her bottom and knees for better leg positioning.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
You can do a reverse straddle carry with two non-padded ring-slings. Put her back against your chest so that she is straddling the sling instead of your body. Put the other sling on going the opposite direction. Make sure the cross is high up on her chest and that the slings are crossing her shoulders. It feels pretty much like wearing any front pack, but you can spread the fabric out under her bottom and knees for better leg positioning.

This is exactly what an Obi does......so if you already have 2 RS's, you can try it out this way....the main pro pof the obi is you can just slip it on as opposed to have to fuss wuth RS's..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC