Expiration date for AOE's

Mom2Damon

I'm trying to gather information to convince my aunt to take my almost 3 year old Boulevard that I'm replacing with a Nautilus for her almost 3 year old dd. Right now, her dd is riding in an AOE that was purchased in September 2002 (I believe) after she was in a car accident with her 9 year old son. I believe that the AOE has an 8 year expiration, but don't recall. If I can find confirmation of that, I intend to send it to her, along with the YouTube video of the harness ripping through the shell to convince her to take the Boulevard. She's trying to tell me it's not expired/that it doesn't expire. So, can anyone help me find something?

Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Should be December of the 8th year. So that would give it nine more months. It'll say right on the back, embossed on the shell, "Do not use after December 20XX."

Wendy

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Sorry about the delay in approving, I think all the mods were taking an afternoon nap or something :)
I hope that seat's not expired!

Mom2Damon

No worries! Me too. She kinda gets it with car seat safety...her dh, not so much. Scary thing is I went to her for car seat advice when pregnant!

skitle1802

I thought the older ones were 6th year expirations. I have one made in 2001 that is still sitting in my mom's garage, waiting to be traded in at BRU next event.

christineka

I've heard from people with older ones that have called Dorel and were given 8 year expirations even though the seats had 6 year expirations. It may have been a retroactive change. You may want to give dorel a call.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC