Mazda 5 third row seats

Crystal.

CPS Technician
So, I know I've heard about the seatbelt issue and that you also can't fit in a RF radian. But I had some specific questions...

So is there absolutely positively no way to fit the radian? Can you use a locking clip... I can't remember if you can use a locking clip on an alr, but I think the answer was no on that one...

Are there other carseats great for ERF that fit well?

Has anyone tried the coccoro?

Is it possible to get this issue fixed by the dealer?

Thank you in advance... Sorry if I seem dense today, school has me a bit brain dead currently.

ADS

LuvMyCharlie

I've put RF in my third row a MA, Uptown, Radian and True Fit. All worked well. I can try my CCO for you if you like.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I've put RF in my third row a MA, Uptown, Radian and True Fit. All worked well. I can try my CCO for you if you like.
In the 3rd row? Wow, that is impressive! I really had no idea a Mazda 5 had that much front to back room! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Crystal.

CPS Technician
A RFing Radian should fit fine.

The problem was with FFing Radians.

Doh! Thank you. I was on my phone and the search was being wonky. I couldn't stop thinking about car seat arrangement in class.

Wow! Thank you, I finally got out of class and was able to figure stuff out. I could try my CCO, I was just wondering if anyone had done it before.
I got the Radian installed okay, less than 1" of movement front to back and side to side... but when my kiddo started to get in it tilted rather severely to the side. Is that normal? Did you have that problem? But that was also before I attached the RF tether and put the second row captains chair up. It seems to be rather braced on the second row captains chair as well, is that okay?

Thank you for everything, I'm still learning all the quirks of my vehicle and my radian. :)

ETA: I just had a brain fart. Did you twist the belt stalk? I think I might go try that as soon as the baby goes back to sleep.

Last edited:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
What I didn't tell you is that the second row seat in front of it was folded down. :whistle:I was just playing around. Nothing stayed for more than a few minutes.
A-ha! So a Radian really wouldn't fit front to back in the 3rd row with the 2nd row up? (I knew all the seat didn't fit at once, it was the front to back room that surprised me)

Pixels

You can brace against the second row captain's chairs. It's the front passenger seat that you have to be cautious about bracing against, due to advanced airbag sensors.

The tipping likely could be fixed by using a locking clip instead of locking the belt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC