Rear-facing Recaro Como with 32lb child (pictures)

thepote

This is a follow up to the thread I posted last week: Recaro Como with 6yo (pictures)

Here is the Recaro Como rear-facing with a 32lb 3yr old, showing the lack of legroom. (obviously I didn't bother lowering the harness for the pics). The RF limit on the Como is 35lbs.

DSC03801.jpg

DSC03802.jpg

And, for comparison... the Radian:

DSC03383.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Kat_Momof3

they seriously need to give more leg room on that sucker... maybe have it sit lower to the vehicle seat...

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
That is a seat that looks fantastic on paper -- 19" harness, 70# limit -- but just does not work that way IRL.

ChckLiz

I really need to get a new seat.. we have this seat, my son fits just fine in it right now.. but he's only 19 1/2 months. :(

abigaylebelle

Thanks for sharing those pics, I'm really surprised to see how little leg room he has! Is he particularly tall? My ds is almost 3 and he seems to have much more room in the signo. I wonder if it is the angle of the vehicle seat back that makes the difference. My car allows a second, slightly more reclined position.

armywife12

Wow I'm so glad I ditched that seat long ago. I regret the entire purchase actually. I have often wondered what Caleb would look like RF in this seat and he's probably close to what yours looks like. They really need a deeper seat for those things

barnmama25

Meh, I think it's all personal preference. I still love my Como, and will until Evie outgrows it.

Here are some comparison pictures of her in the Decathlon and Como from last summer. A little over 3 years old and around 32-35 lbs (*note these were just comparison shots as she was getting close to the rf weight limit and I turned her FF a few weeks before)

How she would stretch her legs.

In my GrandPrix (these seats are way more slanted than the PT Cruiser, the above pictures were shot in(also these pictures are from fall 2008, the above pictures are from summer 2009))

View out my back window

And a few months ago, on the second from top slots, I need to get newer pictures of her, because this is from last fall. She is going to be 4 in July and is already 40lbs and still has plenty of room to grow in this seat.

I :love::love::love: my Recaro's and have been anticipating the arrival of their new harnessed seat for some time now!!

Jhockley

That's one of the reasons we got rid of ours too, ds's shoes made it just about impossible to get his legs in and when we did it was toes of shoes to the vehicle seat and heels of shoes to his diaper. Totally ridiculous. Sold it to a friend with tiny kids.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Squisssshhhhy :D

Not that most kids care at all. I loved the Como but returned it after one short trip when I felt like it was just too high-sided and I couldn't reach or see my toddler RF'ing in it, compared to how easy it was to see her in the MA or RN. The quality was really, really nice, though :thumbsup:

thepote

Thanks for sharing those pics, I'm really surprised to see how little leg room he has! Is he particularly tall? My ds is almost 3 and he seems to have much more room in the signo. I wonder if it is the angle of the vehicle seat back that makes the difference. My car allows a second, slightly more reclined position.

He's average height and skinny. Size 3 pants fit him perfectly, except that I have to take in the waistband on all of them :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC