I think we need a secret hand signal...

Irishmama

for when we are driving and see someone else with an ERF kid and such...Think how much time and energy it would save! You'd never have to wonder again, where did that person come from? How did they know how to get that rf Radian installed so upright?!? Just pull along side and wave and then you'd get the c-s.org secret hand signal! You could even have a way to communicate your username perhaps?

Although you'd have to be careful what the hand signal was for those who live in areas that have gangs. Getting shot would be bad :thumbsdown:

Any ideas? I'm not creative enough to come up with anything better than a :thumbsup:

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
hehe Nice. I would have love to have given one the other day. I have a c-s.org license plate holder, but of course someone has to be behind me to see it.

Wendy

Haha what a great idea... well it's unusual enough to see a VW Beetle with a car seat- lt alone a rear facing Britax and an 18 month old so if you're in Orlando and you see a cream Beetle with a rear facing seat I'm pretty much 100% sure I'm the only one :love: I figure I'll bump into one of you some day in a Disney parking lot or something haha

I agree- being shot would not be good...anyone up on their gang signs? :rolleyes: not me!

Beetle owners do this- without fail, every single Beetle I pass waves- we all do it, you just can't help out smile and wave :eek: Having kids in my car at the drive thru or a gas station always prompts comments etc. people always say stuff like "wow I didnt think you could put kids in car seats in that car" etc. it's pretty interesting how many people assume that kids would be ok without a car seat in a Beetle or similar just because it's a small car... :eek:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Better watch out or we'll be making the schoolyard hand sign for something that shouldn't be used as a pejorative but is.

kidnurse

I just met a c-s.org member at my local Target. I knew she had to be a member here when I saw her checking out the Britax carseats that were in the clearance section, after I just read the posts here about Target clearancing their Britax seats. :D

April

Lol. I needed a laugh. My only c-s.org member run-ins have been intentional.

I do see quite a few RF Radians though. In fact, I think about 9/10 Radians I see are RF. Never seen a RF Britax convertible around here though. Well, except when I was doing a seat check for a member here.

Maybe Misty and I will make up a handshake and then make an instructional youtube video for you all. :whistle:

Irishmama

Lol. I needed a laugh. My only c-s.org member run-ins have been intentional.

I do see quite a few RF Radians though. In fact, I think about 9/10 Radians I see are RF. Never seen a RF Britax convertible around here though. Well, except when I was doing a seat check for a member here.

Maybe Misty and I will make up a handshake and then make an instructional youtube video for you all. :whistle:

Thanks, that would be great, lol. I'm not very creative, so anything I would come up with would be likely to be misinterpreted as obscene or gang related, either way not good. Something easy to use while driving would be good too...or maybe we could all learn some telepathic mind communication so we could keep both hands on the wheel? That doesn't sound too hard, right? ;)

Heather86

If I saw another kid around here rf past 1 I'd prolly faint before I had time to gesticulate the signal lol

Irishmama

If I saw another kid around here rf past 1 I'd prolly faint before I had time to gesticulate the signal lol

LOL, true...I saw a car awhile ago that had a rf MA with an toddler, and two Parkways, I remember one was Tiffany. I really embarrassed my husband checking out their seats, lol.

Heather86

LOL, true...I saw a car awhile ago that had a rf MA with an toddler, and two Parkways, I remember one was Tiffany. I really embarrassed my husband checking out their seats, lol.

I saw a kid about Connors' age in a myride ff and it looked to be installed decent and by that I mean the top tether was in the right place and looked tight and untwisted. I had to look like 4 times before the light changed. My passengers were not amused by my level of excitement :rolleyes:

Irishmama

LOL, yep, my husband is sooo not thrilled with my checking out seats in other cars...I think he's starting to dread going to Wal-Mart with me. And if I even mention going to Babies R US, my kids say no way, cuz they know I'm going to want to play with car seats. But a hand signal would make driving easier cuz you won't have to check out other cars for so long. It'd be like gang signs for car seat addicts! Oooh, we could even have colors, how about infamous Graco gray? ;)

Heather86

lmao we could all hang a swatch of graco gray fabric from our rear view mirror kinda like gangs do with colored bandannas :ROTFLMAO:

Kat_Shoshin

I second the miming the chest clip at armpit level. Maybe with two thumbs up, fist bumping at armpit level?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC