DS (9weeks) in the Radian XT

cryswilkins

I was washing DD's seat and thought that I would get some pics of how DS fit in the RNXT. He is 9 weeks and 10lbs 14 oz. He was pretty comfy, comfortable enough to spit-up in the cover and straps as soon as I got him in :rolleyes: Just don't tell DD...

He is on the bottom slots and middle crotch buckle position. I think that if he was not in a cloth diaper then the first one would be better. I also know that the crotch buckle is twisted, I fixed it after the pics before I put it in the car for DD.
DSC01926.jpg

Straps are slightly below his shoulders
DSC01927.jpg

DSC01930.jpg

About 3 miles of shell above his head
DSC01933.jpg

Compared to his regular ride, KF30, second slots.
DSC01934.jpg

ADS

kidnurse

Thanks for posting those pics. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about how a newborn could fit appropriately in such a big seat, but it looks like a good fit from those pic. Very cute kid too!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
The seat fits him so well! Nice to know it would certainly fit DD2 if I needed to use it in a pinch.

And he's so dang cute! Love that pic where he's not.quite.smiling. We have tons of those of DD2. :rolleyes: (Seriously. She's an incredibly smiley baby, but we haven't been able to get a single pic of her smiling!)

cryswilkins

Thanks everyone. We think that he is a keeper!

Thanks for posting those pics. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about how a newborn could fit appropriately in such a big seat, but it looks like a good fit from those pic. Very cute kid too!

I would probably fit at tiny one even better with the infant body support in, but I was too lazy to hunt it down.:p

2BunniesMommy

I find it funny that it is a great fit for him, but at the same time it looks like it is swallowing him up. Not sure if that makes sense...

I love the duckies!!!

laeta904

I find it funny that it is a great fit for him, but at the same time it looks like it is swallowing him up. Not sure if that makes sense...

Haha, that's exactly what I thought!

Thanks for posting. It is really nice to know that we could use ours for a newbie if needed.

Maedze

No the head rest is only for use for the third harness position and above. However, since the Boulevard doesn't even fit new babies, the timing may work out to about the same :)

For the person who mentioned newborn fit above, when the infant insert is in, the Radian fits beautifully, even for smaller n00bs.

4boysmom

So do I have a defunct insert because when I put the insert in it renders the bottom most slot useless and it sits just under the 2nd slot. However even w/o it fits a small baby well.

Kat_Momof3

he is so precious!! I love how he fits without the infant padding, even... so... does this mean he will be getting a Radian after he outgrows his keyfit?

chasingboys

He is a doll baby! We tried my bff's 9wk old (smaller than your little man) in my Flora XTsl and she fit beautifully too, but I used the infant padding.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Thanks everyone. We think that he is a keeper!

I would probably fit at tiny one even better with the infant body support in, but I was too lazy to hunt it down.:p

It does. :thumbsup: I LOVE the fit of Aubrey in her xtsl! I just wish it was covenient to have her in it at this time... alas, it occupies my formal living room. :whistle:

He is a cutie!!! We have that same sleeper. Dd outgrew it one night last week. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC