It's been a while. What are your primary and back up seats?...

emandbri

Primary Elizabeth sunshine kids radian 80, Benjamin sunshine kids Monterey, Daniel evenflo right fit.

Secondary for Elizabeth only graco my ride (sold my other radian). Benjamin britax star riser and a friend is borrowing my britax parkway which I will get back soon.

Also have two britax marathons, a backless graco turbo, and a cosco prospect.

ADS

Raegansmom4

Raegan's primary is a Regent, and backup is a Nautilus. I do have a TB ready for her for booster-training this summer (couldn't pass up the $35 deal at Target - only plan to use it for short rides in daddy's pickup where the Nauti can't fit on the seat and no tether for Regent). Brinlee's primary seat is a MyRide (but hoping to get her a Radian 80SL soon!) and her secondary is a Scenera (which she just outgrew for rear-facing for weight, so not going to be using it).

Pixels

Primary
My car: TrueFit
DH's car: RadianXT
SIL's car: ComfortSport

The Radians aren't compatible with my car or SIL's, so our seats are each others' backup. For DH's backup, we have the Radian65.

My brother's car doesn't have a permanent seat. The Radian65 lives under his bed so that at least in theory it's "his" seat, but in reality we usually just take one of the other cars or else grab whatever seat is closest. Haven't found a seat that is incompatible with his car, yet, which is nice.

firemomof3

DD1 primary seat is an Oobr with a TB as a backup
DD2 primary seat is an XT rf with a CA as a backup
DD3 #
daycare kiddo rf in a MyRide

solmama

My dd has a Julius Oobr (just arrived last week!) and an old style Britax Parkway. She still fits in her Regent (about 1" left), but at 6 is ready for a booster full time.

My ds primarily rides in a Radian65, and has another Radian65 and TrueFit as back up seats. He rear-faced in the TF until 3.5 (last summer) and is now forward-facing in a Radian.

TheQueenMother

Liddie rides in a GN harnessed. She is 5 and weighs 50 lbs. She still has quite a bit of torso growth in that seat so she will be harnessed for quite a while longer. We have 2 gns but she has a turbo booster for backup and also rides in the true fit occasionally. She has more than an inch of torso height there.
Noah is 2. Right now the true fit is installed for him. He also has a EFTA and two marathons which are my favorites.
Liddie still fits in the EFTA with torso room to spare but can not ride in the seat due to her weight. The marathons still work for her in a pinch but she complains that her shoulders are squished. She has less torso growth in the marathons than she does in the EFTA.
New ds is due in august. Current plans are that he will ride in a coccorro, maxi cosi priori. We also have a RA with a OU cover that he will use quite a bit once he is a month or two old. He will share noah's seats as needed.

karlatta

In my car: DS1 in Nautilus, DD in Radian, DS2 in Radian, DS3 in Snugride

DH's car: FF Scenera and RF Titan can hold any combination of 2 of the kids

Backup kept in house for friends/carpools: Marathon

Grandma's Car: Radian installed RF (can be used for any of my kids or my nephew - just have to change harness slots, which is easy to do while installed). She also has a Scenera and a ComfortSport to use.

Last edited:

BudgieStew

My car DS Nautilus DD Marathon

DH car DS/DD share an EFTA as it is only ever one child at a time.

MIL van I sold a bunch of Radian so now usually move the EFTA for one of the kids to use and if a second child needs to go as well I move their seat over. I just ordered a Monterey so this will now be DS seat for in MIL van.

My Mother car has a Scenera for DD and a Radian for DS

NannyMom

My car: TFP
DH's car: EFTA
Grandma's car: MA
Grandpa's car: TF
SIL's car: MR

The MR in SIL's car is really her back up seat. And SIL lives close enough that I could easily take it out if I needed to. Though right now we do have a BV sitting in her bedroom that could be used as her back up seat.

A and J are both in HBTBs in Mom's car and Vivos in mine. I have 2GNs they could use in booster mode, and a PW, and a few backless boosters.

BabyS is now riding in a MR in my car, and Titans in Mom and Dad's cars. I have an extra Titan for her at my house.

MommyBoha

My car DS rides in a Regent and DD in a FPSVD
DH's car DS rides in a Parkway(old style) and DD rides in a Nautilus

Maedze

Primary seats below. Back up seats: Bean the One has a FPSV booster and a Graco Turbobooster. Bean the Two has a Britax Boulevard and a Radian65 (33lbs). Bean the Three has a Complete Air and a Radian65 (35).

Yoshi

G's primary seat is a Britax Monarch, in DH's car she has an Oobr (Latched).
She will be 7 soon and is 50 lbs and 48" tall.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
DD2's (she's 4 now, 36lbs, FF) in a Radian in DH's car, Safeguard Go in my van.
DD1's in nothing in the car, Frontier in the van, or Dakota, or Vivo.

DD2 doesn't have any spare seats around she could use, maybe the Vivo or Scenera, she still fit in that last time I tried her.

DS probably won't even fit in the Frontier when he gets home from Grandma's in June (he's in nothing now).

I have maybe a dozen seats in the house that aren't used anymore, though.

arly1983

DS2: Decathlon
DD: Radian
DS1: Regent

My 2 yr old niece/3yr old carpooler are in a radian when they are with me.

DS1 rides in a parkway in MIL's car and vivo in my mom's car.

DD and DS2 have very rarely been in MIL's or mom's at the same time so each has 1 EFTA that we use for either. The EFTA in my mom's car is hers and I provide my MIL's seats.

I also have a Frontier in the closet that I am planning on using for J as a primary booster with slideguard later. I am quite proud of myself, the frontier is my only extra.

My seats are listed in my siggie.

NVMBR02

DD1- a Parkway SG is her primary. She has a HB turbobooster in Dh's car. An evenflo AMP is in the garage as an emergency back up.

DS- 2 Radian XTs, one for my car, one for dh's. I just bought him a HB turbobooster to keep as an emergency seat and to start booster training.

DD2- Coccoro and a Radian 80.

ks1978

Radian XTSL and Radian XT for the little one
Monterey and backless turbobooster for the middle one
Backless Monterey and nothing for the eldest

natysr

At this exact moment.

Jordan rides in a True Fit Premier in our Pathfinder.

In our Honda Civic we have both a Frontier and a Graco Turbo Booster. He rides/trains in the turbo on very short trips. He rides in the frontier on longer drives or on the freeway.

Though, our weekend driving is usually in the Pathfinder. So he currently mostly only rides in the Honda to/from school.

Once Trevor is born, seats will be:

Pathfinder: Frontier for Jordan and True Fit for Trevor.

Civic: Turbo booster for Jordan and Coccoro for Jordan.

If we go on a longer trip, we will either take the Pathfinder, or I'll replace the turbo with the Marathon that is in the garage.

We also have a Marathon installed in the babysitter's car. But Jordan will only be with her until school lets out this year.

kidnurse

T's primary seat is a Radian80SL and back-up is a TF. That is the pecking order of his choosing. ;)

autumnlily

DH Car
DD1 - Frontier
(no primaries for the twins)

DH Parent's
DD1 - MA
(no primaries for the twins)

My Parent's
DD1 - RN65SL
working on establishing primary seats for the twins
*most likely CCO and either MA or RA

My Van
as of last night (yes, I change often)
DD1 - has a choice of RF RN65SL or FF Nauti
Twins - My Ride & MA/CCO (dependent on what I put behind passenger)
Daycare baby - RF RA

Back up seats
Evenflo Maestro

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC