Why did I bother w/ a Safeseat?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Here's Olivia today in her new cousin's SR22. She'll be 13 mos in 6 days and is 18#. :)

DSCN0178.jpg
DSCN0179.jpg

ADS

tweetykl

OUr son only made it to 3 months in the SR. DD would have only lasted 8 weeks at most. She lasted until 10 months in the SS. We just have big kids though.

solmama

I guess we never know how big our kids will be. My dd hit 23lbs at 1 year, my ds was 24lbs at 2 years. If we knew then what we know now, it would all be so much easier.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooh, because the base is so much nicer? :whistle:

Seriously, she's a cutie, and you should have just bought both :p

:)

Splash

Because the SR base sucks and you didn't want to deal with it. Because you know better. Because you love yourself and respect yourself too much to use a locking clip.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Because the SR base sucks and you didn't want to deal with it. Because you know better. Because you love yourself and respect yourself too much to use a locking clip.

LMBO!

I think the pattern is Avalon. It was on clearance at Target so I was able to get the travel system for them for $100. They have LATCH and need to use outboard anyways so no worried about the stupid locking clip I always use on them. The base generally hates me on this seat, lol.

On a funny note, baby was only 6#10oz yesterday at discharge and there was a ton of space in the crotch area. I filled it in w/ a blanket and the nurse wanted to take it out. I explained to her I was a tech and why it was there and she says 'oh, that makes sense'. :whistle:

tiggercat

Oh my gosh, she is tiny.
I haven't tried, but I think Sam is probably too big for the SR22. Only a lb or two shy of the weight limit, anyway.

NVMBR02

Oh, she is a cutie!

My oldest fit in the snugride until she was 16 months. We only used it as a back-up travel seat after about 8 months. I was shocked when she still fit! Ds on the other hand outgrew it before 4 months. :rolleyes:

I bet Annika will fit in a snugride for sometime. She weighs more than her big sister did at the same age but is shorter and has a short torso.

3acorns4Christy

Awww!

I've never liked Sophia's fit in the SR, I had two (one rear adjust and one front). She didn't really fit great until 6 months. By that time I was head over heals in love with the keyfit base that we never used the SR. I kept them around, them traded them in to the BRU deal.

Ninetales

Because you never know. I waffled back and forth over whether the 35 was worth the cost and thank god I decided it was because two weeks ago I gave birth to a 13.5 pound baby. Hopefully she grows at a normal rate or that one might not even last!

Radians were never in my consideration because of cost, but darn, she might need one. So I'm also glad I didn't register for the convertible seat like everyone told me I should.

my little Fiona Fit in a 20 lb snug ride till she was 15 months! (thats a 20 lb one it was an 02 snugride and she was born in dec 05.)
She was finally out the top and 20 lbs at 15 months of course us being queens dwellers and not having a car, we only used it for the short cab ride with out base, then we bought a cheapie Cosco ffing harnessed booster and regreted that purchase when I learned of extended rear facing 2 months later, and when we moved and got a car we got a scenera for her instead and installed it rear facing.

I wish I had owned a safeseat or 30lb infant seat with her, it would have kept her rear facing in cabs till we bought a car and needed a convertable!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC