Please Help! What would you do????

sholoulou

One of my very good friends posted this picture on fb. :eek: What would you tell your friend about car safety? I sure do not want to hurt her feelings but her child just can not ride like that!!! :confused:

He is harnessed then the seat belt is strapped around the whole thing!

Last edited:
ADS

4boysmom

reaching for less :eek: but is it possible it is LATCHed in so the seat has less resistance than a "true" seat belt plus latch install/or that is not her "install"....??? I also see no/belly clip :thumbsdown: Seriously though that is all kinds of frightening!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I know you're just venting, but assuming she is stupid or lazy is not going to help her be receptive.

Start by asking her if she wants him harnessed or boostered -- explain that the seat isn't meant to do both at the same time. If he is over 40# (I'm really bad at guessing weight by photos), he must be boostered in that seat. It's not a great booster, but explain that boostering properly is safer than using the harness over the limit. My guess is that for some reason she thinks he should be boostered, but like many parents, is scared to booster, so she's harnessing in the booster to be "extra safe".

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Please refrain from posting pictures of other people's children here as it's counter to the forum's guidelines. A description of the misuse would suffice instead of posting someone else's photo, and moderators have removed the photo from the original post. :eek: Err, Admin mods or the OP will need to remove it as it's an attachment in the post and I don't see a way to edit it out, ack.

Imploring her to install the seat properly can be dicey and backfire no matter how tactfully it's done, and calling her ignorant or stupid obviously isn't going to go over well. :( I'm not FB aware enough to know if you can post a comment to her privately there or not, but that or contacting her via email and saying you too once did that and were taught by a tech how to correctly use that seat and were so glad to know and wanted her to know too to keep her kiddo protected would be my suggestion. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC