Would you feel comfortable?

mommyof3tx

My oldest will be 7 on April 12, he is about 48-49lbs and 48in. He currently rides in a Graco HBB but is in baseball and sometimes his coach picks up the kids and takes them to the batting cages. As you know the graco back falls off pretty easily so it's not exactly easy for him to carry, especially with his baseball stuff so I was thinking about getting a backless for him to use on the times they do that. But I'm not sure if I feel he's safe enough that way. What do yall think? He knows how to sit correctly 100% of the time so that isn't an issue, just is he big enough to be ok in one by your standards...not the manufacturers

ADS

mommyof3tx

I don't know yet, but I'd find out before letting him go with it. We've always had headrests so I'm not even sure...does the Graco HBB require a head rest behind it?

Maedze

I don't know yet, but I'd find out before letting him go with it. We've always had headrests so I'm not even sure...does the Graco HBB require a head rest behind it?

No, only Dorel-brand boosters have that requirement. And, of course, any backless booster must have vehicle support :)

mommyof3tx

Ok that's what I thought just wanted to double check :)

Would you be ok with a child his size/age using a backless occasionally? And if so what brand for his size do you think would be good?

Maedze

As a once in a while type of thing, if I was 100% certain that he would sit correctly and I knew the vehicle had adequate head support, yes. The Turbobooster backless should do a fine job of belt positioning :)

mommyof3tx

Wow yeah I hadn't even considered just taking the back off the one we have lol

I know a friend has one and hers has the strap with the shoulder positioner on it...our seat doesn't have that, or it may have come with it and we no longer have it...would it fit without something positioning the shoulder belt?

Maedze

Wow yeah I hadn't even considered just taking the back off the one we have lol

I know a friend has one and hers has the strap with the shoulder positioner on it...our seat doesn't have that, or it may have come with it and we no longer have it...would it fit without something positioning the shoulder belt?

The strap was in the same pouch as the armrest screws. Did you make sure to get the screws in the armrests? :)

He may or may not need the adjuster. Tiny kids definitely do. Try him in the car without the back and see if the shoulder belt lies correctly. If it doesn't, you'll need to call Graco and order a new one.

mommyof3tx

Ok I'll do that, yep the screws are in. We've just had the seat for awhile, before he was actually able to use it so I just lost it somewhere between the 3 moves we've done since getting it since I wasn't using it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC