Does anyone know what this is meant to demonstrate?

ADS

Kellyr2

Yes. It's a RF convertible seat, with the seatbelt just wrapped around the back of the seat instead of going through the proper belt paths. At least, that's what it looks like to me! It's just wrapped around the back and then buckled back in. Pretty good video. I mean, because you know there are some moron parents out there who would do this. I didn't know it had actually been crash tested - seems like common sense LOL.

CRS

Senior Community Member
Ahh never mind it says "Car seat can not be properly installed by it's design" whatever that means!

CRS

Senior Community Member
Yes. It's a RF convertible seat, with the seatbelt just wrapped around the back of the seat instead of going through the proper belt paths. At least, that's what it looks like to me! It's just wrapped around the back and then buckled back in. Pretty good video. I mean, because you know there are some moron parents out there who would do this. I didn't know it had actually been crash tested - seems like common sense LOL.

Yea, who would do that! *cough* *cough* hehehe. I did something *similar* before I learnt a bit more about CPSafety, interesting watching videos though!

Kellyr2

Ooohh... upon further inspection, it looks like this seat has some grooves in the side - possibly some belt positioners if it were a 3-in-1? But then it says that the seat can't be installed properly due to it's design... was this some carseat design that failed miserably? Does it not have the typical RF belt paths?
Okay, see the link at the bottom of all that? I translated the webpage.
he Kraw- tests The selection of the model of the children's auto-seat, proposed by us, is not by chance. We propose only production of real leader in our region to you and your children. Given below video of kraw- tests, conducted by the independent European testiruyushchimi associations, they will show you, how it is dangerous to convey child in the automobile without the special attachment or in the armchairs, which do not correspond to the highest requirements of safety. Kraw- test №y - the lateral collision (600 KB - child, being located in the armchair with the insufficiently high level of safety, is beaten by head about the counter of the body of automobile) Kraw- test №2 - the frontal collision (2,5 mb. - the construction of children's armchair does not make it possible to tighten it in the salon of automobile) Kraw- test №e - The frontal'noye/bokovoye collision (1 mb. - the construction of children's armchair it does not make it possible to tighten it in the salon of automobile, or child it is not retained in the armchair with the impact) Kraw- test №ya - the frontal collision (600 KB - the construction of children's armchair does not make it possible to tighten it in the salon of automobile) Kraw- test №shch - frontal collision (700 KB - child on the rear seat, not fastened) Kraw- test №' - Frontal collision (900 KB - child on the rear seat, not fastened. Child departs between the front seats and is struck by head against the front panel of automobile) Kraw- test №"- child on the hands in mother (700 KB - as one high official OF THE STATE INSPECTORATE FOR ROAD TRAFFIC SAFETY said: the "hands of mother - the best protection!" As can be seen from this roller, it strongly was in error) Kraw- test №8 - child on the hands in the fastened passenger (700 KB - child on the hands in the fastened passenger. With the impact the child departs from the hands and is struck by head against the front panel of automobile.) Kraw- test №9 - frontal collision (800 KB - child on the rear seat, not fastened. Child departs between the front seats and is struck by head against the front panel of automobile.) the Kraw- test of №y0 - frontal collision (200 KB - child on the rear seat. Altogether only at the speed of 25 km/h child departs between the front seats and is struck by head against the front panel of automobile.) the Kraw- test of №yy - frontal collision (600 KB - child on the rear seat, not fastened. Child completely departs between the front seats and is struck by head against the front panel of automobile.) the Kraw- test of №y2 - frontal collision (300 KB - child on the rear seat, not fastened. Child completely departs between the front seats and is struck by head against the front panel of automobile.) (812) 464-7898 you will ring and learn more about the children's autos-armchair RECARO Start. To order the armchair The order of armchair "Recaro Sta.rt" you will select the color of upholstering for the armchair "Recaro Sta.rt". You will fill the form of the order (a total of somewhat pour on). Send order to us, after harvesting "to order armchair".
(when I say "i" I mean that I copied it into babelfish and IT did the work LOL)

bbartlettnfld

WOW!! I want that second video for my DD's preschool/kindergarten.. There are 75 kids there between the ages of 2-6 and there are only 5 kids that use a restraint (1 uses a booster 4yrs) (2 use harnessed boosters they are 2.5yrs) (my DD is 3yrs and has a Maxi Cosi priori)

I wish i could loop it on a big screen TV all day...

Do they have one with a baby held on a adults lap with the adult unrestrained as well...

JaRylan

Even though I know they are all crash-test dummies my stomach is turning and thinking about it is enough to make me cry. Thanks for sharing. The video with the child dummy that slips between the front seats is amazing, the child's forward motion isn't altered at all by the shoulder's hitting the sides of the seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC