Seat suggestions for a Chrysler 300?

Crystal.

CPS Technician
So, on another forum I'm on, there's a lady asking me for seat suggestions... but, I'm not familiar with the chrysler 300 at all. I'm not sure about the year of the 300 yet. Her kid is 8 months, 15lbs, haven't got height yet. Anyway, she's planning to ERF and is thinking about getting a My Ride 65. How's the fit? Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance! :love:

ADS

crunchierthanthou

I don't have any specific suggestions, but the 300 is a large US sedan. I would expect just about any seat to fit, both rf and ff. Not that she's asking if she only has an 8 month old, but three across is likely a possibility.

In case she asks about LATCH - as long as it's MY 02 or newer, you can use LATCH in any position, but not all three at once. The center borrows the inner anchors from the outboard positions. MY 00-01 only had tether anchors.

Crystal.

CPS Technician
I don't have any specific suggestions, but the 300 is a large US sedan. I would expect just about any seat to fit, both rf and ff. Not that she's asking if she only has an 8 month old, but three across is likely a possibility.

In case she asks about LATCH - as long as it's MY 02 or newer, you can use LATCH in any position, but not all three at once. The center borrows the inner anchors from the outboard positions. MY 00-01 only had tether anchors.

Thank you! I seriously don't think I've ever even been within a 5ft radius of a 300.

That's pretty darn awesome you can use latch in any position!

crunchierthanthou

I'll admit that I've never been in one, but I know its type. ;) wide backseat, minimal slope, cushy seats that squish down for a tight install (maybe even a slightly more upright radian)...

I think the LATCH manual might be wrong on the center anchors, but in a good way. Check out this picture on edmunds.com. There are clearly 6 buttons on the lower seatback to indicate LATCH anchors. That's an 05, but I'm guessing it's representative of 04-09.

Here's a picture of the 02-03 style. I can't tell if there are 6 buttons/anchors (I think there's one on either side of the center seatbelt latchplate), but it still looks like it wouldn't be too much trouble for installs.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
We had one as a rental car. You could practically do three Regents back there. So whatever she wants is just fine.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC