When will it just GO AWAY??

scatterbunny

So Hayley was sick from February 3rd-5th (if I'm counting back days correctly), throwing up and diarrhea, bad stomach cramps. She only threw up one of those days, the first day, all day long, but had cramps and diarrhea for a couple of days after. I kept her home from school part of that week.

Then on Sunday night/Monday morning, February 12th, she woke up throwing up again. Same diarrhea and stomach cramps. Throwing up went on all day Monday.

Tuesday she was fine, except for a bit of diarrhea and cramps, stayed home from school.

Wednesday morning, yesterday, she was fine, so she went to school. No appetite at all, though. I swear she's got to be losing weight. She ate two bites of a grilled cheese sandwich and a few grapes yesterday/last night, and that's it.

This morning at 4 am she woke up throwing up. :( So she's home from school again, missing the 5th day of the last 10 days. She isn't complaining about tummy cramps, so that's good. But she's still got diarrhea.

What on earth is this??? It seems like it's spreading like wildfire, too.

ADS

scatterbunny

Thanks. :) It's just so odd that it keeps coming and going like this. :confused:

Mark came home from work early yesterday because he got it, too. He said at least 5 co-workers are home sick, as well.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
(((Hugs)))) By any chance did anyone have the recalled peanut butter mentioned in a different Coffee Break thread?

Hope everyone feels better very soon.

scatterbunny

Nope, only Adams peanut butter here. I keep wondering about food poisoning of some sort, but we all haven't eaten the same thing, that I can recall.

Thanks! :)

Mom2nj

My DD was sick the last couple of weeks. She threw up one week then 5 days later threw up again. I called the Peds office, I was concerned about food poisoning and stuff to, they said the stuff that is going around can cause the person to throw up a few days or week later. Then this week DD woke up with a respiratory thing, only 5 days after she threw up the 2nd time. Samething happened to the 5 yr old in my care, threw up one day, fine the next then threw up again 4 days later on her way to school. It's not a fun virus going around. But then again, no virus is fun. Hope Hayley's feeling better soon.

scatterbunny

Jane, what state are you in, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Thanks for sharing your story, I won't let my paranoia get me too worked up about this, then.

Mom2nj

Michigan.
I was told too, by the mom I sit for, she works for the hospital and they told her the flu season hasn't even peaked yet in schools. Scary Huh. I hope we have a little more immunity now that we have had it in our house.

scatterbunny

I heard that vomiting and diarrhea wasn't even considered the flu, so I'm so confused. :confused: I just know whatever this is, is highly contagious. I'd so much rather be sick with a sinus infection or respiratory illness than throwing up and diarrhea. :(

griffinmom

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The flu is a respiratory illness. There are tons of stomach viruses out there which many people mistakenly call the "stomach flu." Stomach viruses are awful, but they aren't the flu.

Haileys_mommy

my Hailey did this. she did it while she was staying at my mom's then a few weeks later when she got home. i hope your hayley gets better i hate it when i'm sick, but when Hailey was sick. she whiped out the WHOLE family. and then they just kept passing it on.

Mom2nj

It strikes again. DD threw up in her bed for the 3rd time in 2 weeks, she was fine all day. It always seems to be in the evening between 7 and 10. I am so sick of washing bedding.

Also my comment about the "flu not peaking yet" really wasn't meant to cause you confusion. I know it's respiratory, we have had that already twice this season, first time much worse than this weeks. Last time was a very high fever that was hard to control, very difficult breathing all in her chest, horrible cough, later moved to her head after her chest was clearing up, she threw up in her bed that time too, just once though. Anyway... I was just saying all this sickness in general isn't even over yet.

scatterbunny

Yep, Hayley had the nasty respiratory thing right before Christmas. We all did, and ended up going to the doctor to get antiobiotics. He said he thought we had whooping cough. :eek: The antibiotics got rid of it, but now we've been sick twice since then with the stomach virus. So in about 6-8 weeks we've been sick three times.

I can't wait for spring/summer--bring on the allergies! LOL!

arly1983

We did the same thing me, DH, and DS. (Thank goodness not DD). It lasted over a three week period. I would think one of us was finally over it and then it would strike again. I wouldn't worry to much about Haley losing too much weight. Jackson lost 3 lbs and for a while didn't get his appetite back. But when he did start eating again, he gaine 2 lbs in a week. Just watch her and make sure she doesn't get dehydrated.

arly1983

Oh, yeah, and offer her all the unhealthy food and drinks you wouldn't normally give her :) Jackson drank canned drinks all three weeks and ate a bunch of cookies.

scatterbunny

Oh, yeah, and offer her all the unhealthy food and drinks you wouldn't normally give her :) Jackson drank canned drinks all three weeks and ate a bunch of cookies.

:p We have been doing this! She had McDonald's today (yuck), because it was the first thing other than toast that she's wanted to eat in a week!

rescuedcat

Senior Community Member
I feel your pain! Shelby has been sick since Sunday morning (2:00 a.m. exactly, when she threw up in our bed and on her brother), and Logan has been sick since Monday. Logan has a cough, runny nose, and fever, and Shelby has all of those plus rotten smelling diarrhea and vomiting. Neither have been to school all week.

Today, after not making it to the potty to poop, Shelby said, "Me not potty trained anymore," and started to cry. :( It just comes on so fast that she doesn't even have time to get to the bathroom.

scatterbunny

Awww, poor Shelby. :(

I know when I was a kid, throwing up made me sooo upset. I just could not understand how my body could betray me, how I could NOT have control over what my body was doing.

It's 11:20 pm here, Hayley woke up about 45 minutes ago crying that her tummy hurt. It was swollen and hard, and I was actually scared that it was serious, since all day today she seemed back to normal, but then I talked her into going to the bathroom and at least trying to go. While sitting on the toilet she started throwing up. :( So she was going out both ends at once. Poor girl. It seemed to do the trick, though, and she felt better and is now soundly asleep at the foot of my bed (her choice, not mine, LOL).

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
(((((HAYLEY & everyone else who is sick!)))))

Leila's like me: throwing up is a relief....

An entire school district near me closed because of sickness -- it's real bad everywhere this year!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC