What's your favorite HBB and why?

amy919

Kaylie has two TurboBoosters and while we both like them well enough and she has no complaints about them, I'd like something a little more "cushy" as we spend a lot of time in the car in the summer going to and from the shore. Depending on traffic, that could be anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 and a half hours and I just don't see the TB being all that comfortable for long rides.

She fits well in the TB, she is slim, so that rules out some seats for her because she doesn't fit well in the wider ones. I always loved the Parkway, but I know it can be tippy, is the new SG any better? I want something that isn't going to break the bank. $100 or thereabouts is what I am looking to spend.

I don't want or need a LATCHable booster since she rides in the 3rd row of my 08 Grand Caravan and the 3rd row LATCH is stupid and takes up two seats. The one thing we both love about the TB is how narrow it is which makes it super easy for her to get in and out on her own.

I haven't really researched HBB in a while since she was using the Nauti in HBB mode in my car and the TB in Matt's, but now that we need 3 across in his Fusion, the Nauti is out and it's so wide in the 3rd row of my car that it's hard for her to buckle.

So tell me what my options are, what you have, like/dislike about it. I need an excuse to buy a new seat :p.

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I was surprised how much my dd1 loved the new Vivo we just bought, she said the headwings are super comfy, and the cush in the tush is warm and comfy (compared to the hard rounded Parkway she's been used to, where the kiddo is more perched on top of it). Only problem is, the less expensive Vivos are pushing 3 years old now, and the new, more expensive ones aren't quite in stock yet.
No cupholders I guess is the only problem, but our car is loaded with them, anyway.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Frontier for big kids (it's the best fit for my dd right now)
Monterey for medium kids (my dd is about to outgrow it!)

I don't have a favorite for littles... the Vivo would be awesome if the seat was deeper, and I'm having an issue with short seat depth on other boosters that generally fit smaller kids - would like deeper head wings on the Turbo etc.

The Cybex looks promising though!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I love the Monterey.

I'm glad the Turbo exists -- it fits littles well, it's cheap and widely available, and once the screws are in it's difficult to misuse.

barnmama25

The Recaro Vivo. Hands down my favorite booster. DS is 5 y/o and 65lbs and fits perfectly in this seat. I have let DD sit in it (3 3/4 & 40lbs) and I thought it fit her pretty well, her head was completely enclosed on the side by the head wings and the seat belt fit her nicely across the thighs.
I love it and would buy another, but I'm holding out for that Camo covered Parkway SG.

DahliaRW

My 5yo has been on many long trips in his turbobooster and has never complained. So unless you want an excuse to buy a new seat (which I totally get, I would if I could talk dh into it!), you might just want to wait and see if it's an issue.

NVMBR02

I am just now getting into boosters. We have a turbo and a Parkway. I like the Parkway better and dd really likes it alot. I want to get a Vivo but dd really wants it inblush which of course isn't made anymore so it is hard to find. I will probably be buying one in the fall to start booster training ds.

ChristyH

What about a TB with gracopedic foam? (If they even make those anymore)

We have one with the gracopedic foam and we really like it. It's mainly a back up booster now but it's definitely got more cush in the tush then other TB's.

My favorite boosters right now are our Monterey and our Vivo. Once we got the headrest to the right height it fits my 7 1/2yr old DD wonderfully, she's a little stockier then my other kids and finds it very comfortable.
The Vivo fits my smallers 6yr old for short trips around town, he's still harnessed most of the time in a Regent but he does like to booster train occasionally and the Vivo fits him great!

I need to find another LBB for my 10yr old, we just got a new van and doesn't pass the 5 step test like she did in our old van and she's not too keen on the feel of the low back turbo now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC