Have you seen any my rides in cars? where they rf or ff?....

Have you seen any my rides?

• The my rides I have seen have been all or mostly FF.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • About half the my rides I've seen have been FF other half RF

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • The my rides I've seen have een all or mostly rf.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • I haven't seen any my rides in cars.

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • clicky box

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

emandbri

Like others here I can't help put peek into folks cars and see what they have. ;) I have now seen 3 my rides in people's cars and all were forward facing.

I find it interesting that we are all excited that a seat is out there that goes to 40 lbs rf but these folks are using it ff. It is possible that someone bought one for a 9 month old and used it rf and then turned it but the seat hasn't been out that long. If they were going to only use it FF they could have totally bought the nautilus instead and had a seat with higher slots and turns into a booster. :whistle:

Hee hee I just realized that I also only use my my ride FF. I don't like how it fits rf in my van! hee hee

ADS

ulrich7

I know someone who bought a MR for their 3 yo. They use it FF. They liked the recline better than the Nautilus for him to sleep because they travel quite a bit.

ChckLiz

My neighbor bought one. I told her all kinds of info about RF longer and that the MyRide would allow her to do that longer than most seats would. Well she fell in love with the seat. Bought it for her little boy when he was 10 months old, and turned him FF.... :thumbsdown: I've made the comment many time since then "why would ppl buy a convertible carseat if they're not going to RF.. they should just buy a FF seat".. she bought the seat for looks alone, she liked that it has cup holders., blah blah blah. It's annoying.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Half and half. The FF one was for a 9 mo granddaughter of a coworker... I guess she didn't work with me enough to hear the big news about RF to 1 :rolleyes:
Then I saw one RF in the preschool parkinglot yesterday, but I don't know how old the baby is. I rarely, rarely see RF convertibles...more in the BRU parkinglot, and I see more top tethers in use there :D

Oh, and I'm adamantly opposed to putting 1 year olds in the Nautilus. Side impacts are the biggest danger to these kids, and having their head dangling (asleep, head flop, chin on chest) in the path of an oncoming car running a red light in an intersection pretty much negates the sturdy headwings and EPS foam, you know? I always recommend convertibles for any baby coming out of the infant seat for extra comfort and safety, even if the parents are going to use it FF.

NannyMom

The people next door have 2 RF MRs for their 12 month old. Because they took my suggestions ;) I don't think I've seen any other MRs out and about.

swtgi1982

the only one i have seen in RF

I know I sold a couple on one the other day when I was shopping and they were "going to use it RF" not sure if they actually did

InternationalMama

I've never seen anyone ever using an MR. But if I was going to buy an FF seat for a baby just outgrowing an infant seat I would definitely consider the MR because you hear all the time about what a recline it has FF. Also I'd rather recommend something like the MR rather than the Nautilus to a family whose child was just outgrowing the infant seat even if I knew they planned to use it FF because at least I could hope that they would use the harness to *its* limits whereas if they had the Nautilus I imagine they would be more likely to also booster early since it turns into a booster.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
. Also I'd rather recommend something like the MR rather than the Nautilus to a family whose child was just outgrowing the infant seat even if I knew they planned to use it FF because at least I could hope that they would use the harness to *its* limits whereas if they had the Nautilus I imagine they would be more likely to also booster early since it turns into a booster.

Yeah, also that. Another one of my coworkers was just all in a tizzy thinking she HAS to turn her 3-in-1 seat into a booster for her almost 3 yo 30 pound kid, because that's what the booster limits say :(

cpsaddict

I have seen two, both rf. Both times, I as was shocked at huge it was, especially the one in the BMW 325i. It was almost like perched in the backseat.

sevan76

I have a MyRide in my Corolla Rfing. I suggested the same seat to a friend when her son turned 1 in hopes that all the ERF info on the box and seat would convince her to keep her son rf'd. Big fat no. They installed in FF. She said the manual stated if the child's legs were bent at all that it HAD to be FF and that there was no way the seat would fit RF in her SUV. She almost returned the seat to swap it for a Nautilus because she doesn't like how reclined the seat is.

I've seen one other MyRide and it was FF as well. I honestly think I've only ever seen one RF convertible and it was being used with a child that looked to be under 1.

Mommy2Marcus

I have seen 2 MR's now. They were both RF. I was talking to 1 woman in my line at work about her child. She said that he/she was 16-17 months old. When I went out to get buggys I seen that she had a RF MR in her car! WOOT! She said that was her only child so my guess was it was that child's seat.

The other one I seen was a random seat in a parking lot.

Spam

I've seen one, other than mine, rfing. But couldn't see the babe so it was probably pretty young. I think people really like cupholders, how many cupholders are in your vehicle, some have more cupholders than they have seats. I also agree it's better for young ffers because of the recline and I :love: the deep sides.

christineka

I haven't seen any, but it's only recently that I started seeing Nautiluses in cars. Our local walmart doesn't carry the myride and I think that makes a difference as to what car seats the locals choose.

I see them a lot around here, I have seen a bunch rear facing, one with a 5 monthish baby in it with super loose straps.. I peeked as we drove past them on the highway...
The other with a maybe 1 year old boy rear facing (yeay)

And then the ffing one.. Oh god I saw a front facing my ride 65 with a TINY baby in it ffing.. she had to be well under a year old.

Some people have no common sense, "hmm lets buy the car seat that has a super high rear facing weight limit, then turn our tiny baby forward facing well before it is legal.:rolleyes:

Cryssy Jane

I've seen quite a few RF. It's a seat I recommend to a lot of parents and I stress RF. Out of 5 daycare kids, there's 3 myrides and all are rf.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC