Havinga hard time tightening Britax Blvd harness

NMW

Our Britax Boulevard is about 1 1/2 yrs old. Lately I can't seem to get the harness to tighten if I loosen it. It just kind of pulls tighter and the releases when I'm pulling on the tightening strap if that makes sense. DH can get it a little tighter if he pulls at a certain ange (like back, toward her feet) which I can't seem to do. Anyone know why this would happen and how I can get it working? I thought this car seat was fantastic before this, but never had a problem tightening any of our other seats. :(:confused:

ADS

brooklynsmommy

The Britax (bigger seats) work with the pull release pull release kind of tugging. You also need to make sure that you are tugging downwards as much as you can instead of pulling up. This can lead to harness fraying. There could also be something stuck in the adjuster. It's amazing what kind of crumbs can jam those things when kids eat snacks. :)

NMW

It's pretty challenging to pull down as it's installed RF. I guess DH's pulling back is as close as possible to pullin gdown, but I can't seem to get enough strength to pull in that direction successfully. Crumbs were his theory too. He says he's un-install it and we'll giv eit a good cleaning out. I need to get on him to do this as I don't have a clue how to unistall it (I shouldn't admit to that, should I?)
Thanks!

msg221

I am having the same problem with my two Britax Advocates and I have only had them maybe 6-7 months. It's very frustrating trying to get that harness tightened. I know that it's the ratcheting type so you can't pull it tight in one smooth pull, and I know about pulling downward, but I am still having problems with it. I'm not the only one judging by the many posts I found about others having the same issue. I did find some old posts on this topic and now have a list of things to try: removing the HUGS pads (it said they are optional for rear facing, but need to be on for forward facing, so if you take them off, don't lose them!), and pushing down in the splitter plate in the back while tightening the harness were two of the suggestions I found. We will see if that works (if I have problems again) as I am about to go strap the kids in to go run an errand in about a half hour. I'll let you know!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC