I'm going to be on the RADIO!!! for CPSWeek

ADS

lovinwaves

Wow, that's AWESOME Tiff!!! Good for you!!! Don't be nervous, you will do just fine. Maybe jot down some talking point notes to refer to if you feel yourself starting to stall (at least that's what I do)LOL :D

lovinwaves

I had a CPS interview last night with a lady who is writing an article for a parenting magazine. So, before she called I just wrote down some key talking points like: Extended rear-facing, extended harnessing, LATCH/Tether, aftermarket products, seeing a CPS TECH, tight straps, harness height, etc.... It really helped me out a lot!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yeah, I'm going to include the fact that in our area the misuse rate is ~98% & what's so shocking about that is that it's based on the loving, educated parents ... not those kids at risk for neglect.

JaRylan

Woohoo! You will do great. If you wanted to share the radio station I'm sure that some of us could find it online and listen in.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I'm thinking about it :eek: Too nervous at the moment, but maybe I'll get up the gumption to share the URL :rolleyes: It's an AM station -- does that mean less audience :confused: (On 1 other I want more audience for the greater awareness, but on the other I want less audience :p)

JaRylan

I'm thinking about it :eek: Too nervous at the moment, but maybe I'll get up the gumption to share the URL :rolleyes: It's an AM station -- does that mean less audience :confused: (On 1 other I want more audience for the greater awareness, but on the other I want less audience :p)

LOL Tiffany, just imagine all of us in our underwear (isn't that what they tell people who get nervous before a performance?). In any radio/tv interviews that I have done the interviewer usually chit chats for a few seconds, does a sound check, offers you a glass of water and then you are on. If you get a chance before the interview tell the interviewer what points you would like to talk about, this way they can ask questions that are relevant and allow you to talk about what you want to get across.

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

CarSeatPoncho

You will be great. You really know your stuff, and they did their homework and picked the right person.

Please post the link if it gets uploaded. I would love to hear you!!!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
is there a web address where we can listen in?
Not sure that you can listen in through the website (either live or recorded files) :confused: http://www.whcu870.com

Just got done, though & I'm a bit shakey :eek: My parents are BEAMING :D I did say "um" a few too many times :rolleyes: but otherwise it was good -- mentioned basic misuse types (selection & installation) as well as how to choose a seat + where to get seats checked :) & joked about having to wear my blinders because it's so common & yet giving unsolicited advice often isn't well received....

Last edited:

JaRylan

Sounds like you got a lot of good information out there, way to go. That's so cute about your parents, doesn't matter how old a person gets they will always be proud of you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC