Can nautilus be used w/o armrests?

ADS

Kat_Momof3

they actually come attached now... some users had trouble getting them in solid.... and some questioned if they were necessary.

BUT... either way... if you were to pop them off, they still can't actually be removed... they are attached to the base of the seat by a nylon strap that starts inside both pieces and is similar to the strap that keeps the latch strap connected to the seat.

So you'd have them all flopping on either side... which wouldn't be safe.

and cutting them off of course would be altering the seat... not permitted (Graco would never say you can... they would replace the entire bottom portion if a problem were going on with even one armrest... )

scariestone

Ok thanks I was just curious. I definitely wasn't looking to alter the seat I just figured they popped off so you could wash the cover. I'm just trying to decide which seat to get for my son and the nautilus has higher top harness slots than the true fit but the true fit would be way easier to get him into as I have a bad back. So if the armrests were optional that would make getting him into the nautilus a lot easier but guess not. Thanks. :)

scariestone

Good to know. Our last seat you pretty much had to uninstall it then dismantle it to get the cover off so I never did it. When your kid eats in their seat constantly, sometimes just vacuuming and spot cleaning doesn't do it! Thanks!

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
...easier to get him into as I have a bad back. So if the armrests were optional that would make getting him into the nautilus a lot easier but guess not. Thanks. :)

The Radian carseats have very low sides, and are VERY easy to lift children into. :thumbsup: You may want to take a look at those (if you haven't already.) :)

scariestone

I did but I can't justify that expense to use only ff for one child. Also I don't know if we would be able to maneuver around in our back seat well enough to install it. We have a volvo sedan and the back seat is tiny as well as the ceiling being ridiculously short.

aeormsby

Not sure if you've looked at the Frontier. The armrests fold up which we find helps with getting DD in and out of the seat.

scariestone

DS is 29 months, in a generations 65 and in the middle slot. Next growth spurt I'm guessing we'll be moving to the top slot but he'll probably stay there for quite some time. I looked at the frontier but just like the radian its now even close to being within budget at the moment. I'm pretty much decided on the nautilus because of the really high top slots plus the fact that we can use it as a hbb later. He'll probably have outgrown it by the time he needs a nbb but that's no biggie. He's 38" tall and anywhere from 38-40lbs depending on the scale and how much he's wearing/eaten so I'm trying to look into the future to find something that will fit him as long as possible. I wasn't able to find the measurement on the top slots on the gen 65 before I bought it and come to find out they're only supposedly 16(I measured about 15.5 NOT installed). Its looking like that was probably not the wisest purchase.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC