Radian (RF) and Frontier in 2000 Forester?

U

Unregistered

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows whether a Radian (just the basic model, I think - not sure it matters - does it?) can fit RF in the center of a 2000 Subaru Forester (flat bench seat in back, no Latch, somewhat awkward middle seatbelt) and be reclined sufficiently for a newborn? I suspect it couldn't go anywhere other than center and still recline enough because the front seats are so close to the back.

As a follow-up on that, any chance that would fit next to a Frontier (looking at the Frontier 85)?

This is a follow-up to my previous question about a small 5yo and a newborn (of unknown size - expected in July, but ds was a big baby - fat and long).

I looked through the successful install thread (and that other online database) but couldn't find anything really conclusive.

Thanks!

ADS

rachelandtyke

I have never installed a Radian and hopefully someone else can chime in, but I did some searching to see if I could find any info . . .

There are lots of threads about how hard it is to install a seat rf in the center of a Subaru . . .

But here is a thread with a succesful Radian install rfing center in a 2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon - I know they are not the same, but I think they may be similar enough. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=16954

If the seat is flat, it seems it might be workable if you can twist the belt stalk (see thread above). If it has a hump at all, then probably not.

I think if you can indeed get the Radian installed rf center, then the Frontier would probably puzzle well next to it since it is rf/ff.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC