Question Como vs. MyRide

ChckLiz

I was considering getting rid of one of my como's and getting a myride instead. But I was wondering if it would be worth it? My son is almost 20 months, 34 in. 25-26 lbs. and has a 13 in. torso. In the como he is on the 2nd from the bottom slot. Does the myride have higher or the same on the top slot. It would be great if I could RF him as long as possible but wondered if it would be worth changing the seats? Which seat would he get more use out of it in the long run?

TIA!! :D

ADS

Maedze

The overall shell of the My Ride is shorter. However, it has an increased weight limit and a substantially larger leg room area, which is generally considered more comfortable for a toddler/preschool in the rear facing position. The Recaro seats are quite cramped and really weren't designed with rear facing beyond the first year in mind.

firemomof3

I had a Signo (similar to Como) and loved it :love: But then my kids were complaining about their legs being so bunched up rf so i got the MyRide and it made a huge difference! Loads of leg room, easy to install and smooth harness adjustor :love:

armywife12

The top slots of the Como are at least 2 inches higher than the MyRide and so is the shell of the Como BUT the Como is so narrow towards the top of the seat that children seem to outgrow it FF from being uncomfortable before they actually reach the top slots so *I* think the top slots shouldn't even matter for most children lol. For very narrow shoulders, it might work. The MyRide also offers MUCH more leg room than the como does so I think it's a toss up. It is not likely your child will need the 40lb RF limit but I think the difference in leg room is huge and would be worth it.

I think, in the long run, both will be outgrown around the same time just because many will "outgrow" the Como from being uncomfortable around 5-5.5 yrs old, when many are outgrowing the MyRide. How is his leg room in the Como now? I think the True Fit may be a better seat for him than the MyRide and will most likely fit him longer than the Como. 35lb RF Weight limit is probably all he'll need and the True Fit is very room and offers plenty of leg room

ChckLiz

This is him in the como in Jan. Right now his leg room is fine but after reading some reviews on it and seeing pics of older kids in it RF.. it definitely does NOT look comfy! I had also considered the TF.. I forgot to ask about that one too. So the TF will probably last him longer in the long run than the MyRide.. right?

20061_1237197532950_1319581480_30762353_4708587_n.jpg

Maedze

It really depends on when he hits 35 pounds. My daughter would have lasted longer in the True Fit by height, but she hit 35 pounds at 2.5 (and didn't get to 40 until 4 years). So the My Ride kept her rear facing longer than the True Fit ever would have. Both have decent leg room :)

AtTheSouthDam

This picture is old but here is my DD2 at 2.5 years RF in the Como:
She was about 28ish # and 36" (those are 24 month pants)
rfcomo.jpg

Here she is in the MR shortly after her third B-day, 30# and 38" (4t pants, the two inches was in legs)
mrinstall2.jpg

They are different cars but you can see the leg room difference. The como is as reclined as I could get it (pool noodles) and the seat back was a bit reclined as well. The MR is installed upright to give DH as much room as possible. Being squashed in the Como never bothered her, she actually liked that seat, but then, she :love: being squished and confined, it is just her. DD1 would have never tolerated it.

Last edited:

ChckLiz

Based off of that pic, it looks like he would def. get to 3-3 1/2 in the MyRide, which is when I planned to turn him anyways, so that would work. Bytheway, our kiddos have a bit in common, Jonah loves to be confined as well, he was a swaddled baby up until almost 9 months old and never complained about it once *had to quit because he started rolling over lol*

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC