Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Calling all purse [addicts]!

Quote Originally Posted by lodonal65 View Post
    I like that Ellington bag. I have this one. It's pretty cool because it converts from a shoulder bag to a backpack.
    http://www.ellingtonhandbags.com/Hom...Patent-Leather
    I like that one too, love the pink!

Quote Originally Posted by MomE View Post
    I'm no addict by any means. But I wanted to jump in and say I LOVE Tignanello bags so much because of all the pockets!
    Thanks! Found their web site and they've got a few bags I like! I actually quite like this one http://www.tignanello.com/shop/item.aspx?style=T93410

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMy3Monkeys View Post
    Yes, you do need to see them in person. At first I used to think they looked old womanish. DH still feels that way, but who cares what he thinks? Then I walked in to a VB store and it was like "Ahhhhhhhh. NOW I get it!".
    Ya, see I knew there was something to it. I gotta get me to a VB store. Or I have to find someone in real life that has one. They're not very pricey though so I could just take the risk....

You sound like my DD. She has two vera bags already... and recently we went into a store and she saw the frill collection. She said "Mommy, they're SO shiny! I NEED that!"
    LOL Yes, sparkly and shiny always get me! I am super annoyed they're using PVC though. After I talked to the rep via online chat, I had a box pop up to take a survey so I answered a few questions and gave feedback that they need to swap to a non PVC laminate and gave reasons why PVC sucks. I want that Frill one so bad I am almost willing to ignore my anti-PVC stance.....

So, right now, I am leaning towards the Ellington Bella though that I linked to in my last post. What does everyone REALLY think of that one? I LOVE the green but I'd probably get grey because I also love grey and it will match with everything, but....I REALLY love the green....I could keep my cell in the front zip pocket for easy access, then lip gloss/lipstick in an inside pocket, iPod in the larger open pocket, keys on the key ring, sunglasses in the main part along with wallet, mirror maybe in the zip pocket.

I emailed Ellington checking on Canadian shipping and they were actually more than helpful (offered me a shipping deal too) so I got good vibes from the company. The VB rep answered two of my questions with, "I don't have that information" which kind of irked me. I understand if they don't have it, but they should be able to *get* it.

But then there's the Tignanello bag that I posted above and I really like that too....but it's bigger than the Ellington so is likely larger than I need.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Showed DH a few and he really likes the green Ellington. Not that it matter if he likes it, but makes it easier when packages show up if he does like it. I'm ordering it today unless someone thinks it's not a wise choice or finds me something better. (I will try a VB at some point, but I really want to see one in real life first!).

Here's a pic of the one I am likely ordering for those who don't want to find where I posted the link:

And I just found LeSportsac bags. I had no idea they still made these, I had one about 25 years ago!

Some of the prints are cute, but the bag would be more cutesy than it would be classy like the Ellington. Anyone have an opinion on LeSportsac? The Deluxe Shoulder Satchel is the size I think that would suit me.

Well, since you asked what I REALLY think...

I like the style alot. I love the color. But I think it looks pleather-y (is that a word?). It kind of looks cheap to me.

That said, I didn't look at your link, so I don't know if it's real leather or how much it costs... so I could be way way off... but that's how it looks to me.

Are there are in that same color that are less shiny looking??

Oh... but you like shiny... so that's what you were going for, huh??

I really really love the green though. And I'm jealous that you can carry a small purse. I have way too much CRAP
    Kristen, CPST-I, driving a '15 Odyssey
    Kendall, 11 years, 5-stepping
    Riley, 9 years, FR90, Cambria
    Nolan, 8 years, Nauti, Cambria
    Parker, 5 years, FR90, TKD Foonf

Harvey's just posted 2 new colors and a mini coin purse!

http://www.seatbeltbags.com/
    Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM
    Mia 13, Ian 10, Clek Olli x2, TB and BubbleBum

It's made from "Glossy Italian Leather" so it's real leather dyed to keep the grain and then a special finishing technique used to make it glossy. It's $139. I like the glossy look so hopefully it doesn't have a cheap look when I get it! (assuming I order)

The have a couple in that colour made from "glazed Italian lamb leather" but they are a little bigger than I want, although I do like them. They look like this:

And the only reason I even need a bigger bag is because of my large sunglasses.
    Last edited by TechnoGranola; 03-05-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Harvey's just posted 2 new colors and a mini coin purse!

http://www.seatbeltbags.com/
    The olive is nice! I'm not a huge fan of the flowered one just because I don't like flowers on my stuff. Hmmm...so to consider olive or wait for Rock n Roll....

I don't know what to do now!

And now I'm unsure of the Ellington because I was going to order a wallet as well, and they were going to do free shipping for me. But now I see the wallet isn't available in black any longer....ARGH!

ETA: okay I emailed Ellington about the black wallet and they don't have any at the warehouse but they do at the company store so she said she'll transfer one from the store for my order! Their service really seems exceptional so far, thus I am feeling like I should order from them. And then I can wait for Rock n Roll from Harveys.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post

And the only reason I even need a bigger bag is because of my large sunglasses.
    LOVE this one!!!

So nobody throw things at me, I ordered the green, shiny Bella bag! Along with a wallet. I had a coupon and free shipping so I took advantage of it. I wanted something with a bit of a funky look and this had that, along with a few internal pockets, an external pocket for my phone and a key clip.

Thus, I'll look cheap, shiny and trashy when I get this bag and everyone with the VB's will look like they made their grandma's quilt into a purse. Just jokes everyone, just jokes!

I actually quite liked the VB Libby, but it didn't come in Java Blue. and I also liked the Cargo Sling bit it also came in patterns I didn't like. (and does it seem like both the Libby and Cargo Sling are discontinued?) Also liked the Shoulder Bag but did not want plain black. And loved the Cha Cha Handbag in the Sittin' in a Tree colour, but I am preferring an exterior pocket for my cell phone.

So promise me that you'll still get a Vera, though?

My bag that came Wednesday is in the sittin in a tree pattern. I like it more in person than online. also, the new turqouise print on the homepage is nicer in color. I like Java Blue... its been around since like 2006. They won't retire it because everyone LOVES it. IRL, the only hideous ones I can think of are the bright pink big flowers on the navy background with orange centers. Horrible pattern. It reminds me of my grandma's tablecloth. Even the ones I don't particularly care for still have a very nice look to them, if that makes sense, they just aren't my style.

The more you look at them, the more they grow on you. You need to see them in a Brick and Mortar store. You could always come down to Ohio and we could have a Vera playdate

I LOVE VB. I have so many, I usually get a new one every season.

One thing VB I use faithfully is the zip around wallet. No matter how hard I try, I can not find a better wallet for me.
    This is the one I have now.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622
    Last edited by Lys; 03-05-2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: add link
    Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM
    Mia 13, Ian 10, Clek Olli x2, TB and BubbleBum

The more you look at them, the more they grow on you. You need to see them in a Brick and Mortar store. You could always come down to Ohio and we could have a Vera playdate
    Yup, I think that's what I need to do!

I'm pretty confident that the Ellington bag won't look cheap when I get it. If you read the description of how they do the glossy leather, they specifically say that the process they use to colour it leaves the grain of the leather, so it's not going to look like a completely solid shiny look as it will have texture to it.

I showed it to DD to ask what she thought, and she loved it. First thing she said was, "oh can I get one too?". She's pretty much the most stylish kid in her class so I trust her opinion. Although maybe that means I'll look like a 12 year old carrying it. If that's the case, I can always give it to her since she loves it and said green would be her first choice of colour.

I LOVE VB. I have so many, I usually get a new one every season.
    Well then I could always buy one of yours from you when you get bored!

One thing VB I use faithfully is the zip around wallet. No matter how hard I try, I can not find a better wallet for me.
    Good to know. I've never really carried a wallet before. My purses normally have built in card slots and change pockets so I've never needed a wallet. I did order this one from Ellington (but in black) with my Bella bag but if I end up hating it, I need to have other options in mind.

If you don't find on with the pockets like you want you can always buy a few clear zippered bags to keep inside.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

My VB bag (in Java Blue, too ) survived being puked on by DD1 and machine washed as good as new during a recent vacation trip. I think that's a selling point, lol. I like Harvey's seatbelt bags but find them heavier to carry around due to the weight of the seatbelt webbing compared to the VB bags. I'm also a Disney geek with one of these that I got on eBay: http://www.magicalmemoriesstore.com/...tore%2C/Detail It's kind of gaudy and doesn't hold as much as my VB bag but I'll manage if I downsize the stuff I tote around more.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

I will second that about the zip around wallet. I it! I have one in purple punch and mod floral. I also have the turn lock wallet in the black microfiber. I especially love the zip around because it's incredibly thin and still holds a TON.

Okay, I just saw how big that wallet is! Wow, huge! 7.5" x 4.75". Seriously, that's bigger than the PURSE I carried just before the one I'm using now! I have zero need for a huge wallet as I rarely carry money. The only reason if I have cash is if someone owes me money and hands me cash. Otherwise I just carry 7 cards and maybe a couple loonies and toonies for parking.

I see that VB has the Mini Zip wallet, and I think that size would suit me much better. Although I'll try the Ellington one I bought first, I like how it access to the coins from the outside which is great when you just need to get into your wallet for parking change.

I have this VB zip ID case for my wallet and it's perfect! I rarely carry any cash, just a few cards and my ID. It has a divider inside, so I have my ID on the window side along with my tech ID behind it, then on the other side I have my other cards. I found it at a little VB store on vacation over the summer, so I didn't have many color choices but I just HAD to have it.

ETA: It's also my way of trying out VB. I almost got a VB bag instead of the Harvey's bag, but just couldn't quite do it. Now that I have been using this little wallet for a few months, I kind of wish I had a VB Hipster. I really love my Harvey's but like Jean said, it's heavy. I have a feeling in the summer I'll wish I had something lighter.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to
    Jessica 6.18.06 and Tyler 8.5.08
    Both riding in Frontier 85s

It's here!

My Ellington bag came today. It's very nice but HUGE! Hopefully I'll get used to the size. My daughter has lots of pleather purses and this doesn't look like them at all. It has nice stitching and the quality seems really good. I took pics for everyone.

Bella Bag and wallet (the bag does NOT look this shiny in real, the flash did that. It has a gloss in real but not like that!):

Inside slip pockets; 2 small and 1 large in front:

Large slip pocket covers small slip pockets:

Inside zip pocket and key clip:

This is what goes inside:

Fully loaded:

I've my cell in the front zip pocket for easy access when it rings. I've put my iPod in the small slip pocket and then my mirror, lip sticks and pen in the zip pocket. But maybe my iPod should be in the zip pocket? I don't want it to get scratched but I also don't want it falling out or anything. Any of you expert purse organizers have an opinion?