yeay!

In the main office at Juliannas school there are always these two dirty turboboosters, with hearts on them, well I ran in today cause she forgot her lunch ticket so I ran it in, and Fiona was all "look mommy boosters like Julsies" (she calls her sister julsie) anyways I peeked and to my SHOCK Both turbos had screws in them!!!! YEAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY how cool is that!:thumbsup:

ADS

steph_s

They have seats at my son's school also just in case. I was shocked when I saw a Nautilus in there along with a no back turbo (with screws) and a old style parkway (none of them expired). Yeah for schools who know emergencies come up and have safe seats available!! The Nautilus was a huge shock because most kids aren't harnessed in kindergarten around here and it's a k-8 school.

babyherder

:) I see a backless TB in a car almost every day at my school. And it has screws! And a couple of weeks ago at the grocery store I saw a backless TB in someone's trunk (no people in the car at the time so not sure it needed to be used) with screws in it!!!!

mayamac

We recently bought a TB and my DH put it together. Is there something I should check on my TB? Should I made sure DH put screws in? I would define him as the type of guy who routinely ends up with "extra" pieces when putting something together.

What are ya'll talking about with screws?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
We recently bought a TB and my DH put it together. Is there something I should check on my TB? Should I made sure DH put screws in? I would define him as the type of guy who routinely ends up with "extra" pieces when putting something together.

What are ya'll talking about with screws?

In the bag with the instructions and the adjuster for use in backless mode, there are 2 screws. They are imperative for proper function and must be installed according to instructions.

Here's a CarseatBlog post about it, with pictures.

It's one of the more frequent booster misuses we see. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC