Vent Conversation with the in laws

mburks26

I could have died. Going to Disney on Ice

mom in law Oh don't forget March 25 we have to leave around 3 30pm.
me OK
mom in law wish we all could take one car
me thinking oh this is gonna be great how in the heck do you fit 7 people in a car/truck that only seats 6 but two are lap only spots and no head rest, truck has no head rest in the back I get to be the lucky one that rides without head support at least my dd will be safe harnessed in her GN in the middle, I cant drive there myself and tickets are already bought have to go)
dad in law don't take the kids seats and you all will fit in the car
mom in law says we have to as shes rolling her eyes its the law
dad in law well certain type of people (not saying exact wording so don't offend anyone) do it all the time they don't buckle the kids in and over load the cars
mom in law well as sure enough we do it and I get pulled over

me says or something will happen and we get into a wreck

end of conversation

My thoughts more freaking worried about getting pulled over then your grandchildrens safety and wanting all 7 people to go in one freaking car what bull.
I am going to try really hard to convince them that we take our truck and my dh drives theirs to work that night. For one I have a head rest for 2 I don't have to listen to anyone complain about installing dds GN)

Come on people really. Whats gonna happen when the girls don't need seats anymore and they want to pull oh everyone ride together double up on seat belts cause or dont use them at all (they did it all the time when they were kids). Can I die now please.

Every time I see them they never have dds cousin in her seat and shes always in a darn lap only belt.

Me and dh got into a fight over this a week ago. We were going out and he asked his mom to watch dd with out asking me first about it. He was gone and wasnt going to be home when his mom was going to come get her as they might go to the drive in movies. I called dh and asked him if he could be home like 30 mins early so I can put dds GN in the truck the drive is about an hour and I'm not ready to let dd ride in just the booster seat for that long of a ride and not with his parents and they do not buckle right. Yea she would be buckled right til they got there but not on the way home and they dont care if they move around and get out of postion etc. Dh says Im not comming home right this second to give you the seat when she has a usable one at home. They can use that, this after I tell him I dont want her in that seat with his parents as they don't buckle the girls right etc. I was so freaking mad If I had a car at that time I would have left and not come back.

I sent him that youtube video of lap belt only, the news one that talks about the 2 kids are in wheelchairs for the rest of their life cause they were in a lap only belt, it also shows crash test and the dummy in the lap only belt gets cut into two and the torso part goes flying up front. He has not said a freaking word to me about it, not even ok babe I get it now nothing. :mad:

I am so fixing to send it to his mom and say oh this was sent to me by my grandma (I'll use her she dont care) and just wanted to make sure the girls are not using lap only belts and see what happens even if she really watches it. Last time I sent it they didnt watch it but I think thats cause of her computer they have a new one now.

Oh and I cant call the cops on them as TX is not enforcing the law til June I think and its a freaking secondary offense still same goes with all people now no matter where they are sitting must use the belt (it used to be over 18 in back did not have to) I wonder if they did away with the if all the seat belts are full with younger riders the older ones dont have to have a belt (if the car seats 5 and you have 7 in it, its just fine to do so)

Ok done now.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm sorry, I found it nearly impossible to follow that. I only got through the conversation, but yes, just take two cars. Don't let your child ride with anyone who won't secure her properly.

tjham

Oh, that's awful that you have to deal with that. :(
Good luck with the videos. I hope they watch and learn from them.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'm sorry, I found it nearly impossible to follow that. I only got through the conversation, but yes, just take two cars. Don't let your child ride with anyone who won't secure her properly.

Yes. As long as I've been posting here, you've been posting about inlaws who don't use CSRs properly or at all. It stinks. It really does. But you just need to decide that you are never riding with them again. It stinks. It really does. It might mean that you have to forgo some events or some childcare. But they aren't going to change, and you need to keep your child safe.

steph_s

My step mother is the same way about car seat safety. She has never been allowed to babysit or drive anywhere with my son without me, my dad or one of my nieces or nephews with her (they are all teens and know about car seat safety). It's sad when you have to do this, but I explained it to her as neglect. If they refuse to protect your child against the one thing that is the most likely to kill them (motor vehicle crashes are the #1 killer) then you can't trust them with your child!

SassyPamela

Honestly, if it were me, I would not let my kids in a car with my in laws if they did not respect my rules. My MIL can only take my kids in MY car with MY correctly installed car seats and if she has a problem then she can just not spend time w/my babies. FIL is NEVER allowed to drive with them because he drinks and thinks it's okay to drive. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S "JUST" ONE BEER.

When DH gives me attitude about my extreme love for his children, he sleeps on the couch. I am not sorry that I love my children enough to want the best for them.

Hugs to you - I know it's hard being the bad guy!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC