Vent The Seatbelt is still needed!!!

babygirlsmom1005

Dear people in the Olds,

That is great you are *kinda* following the new law and have that booster seat with your kid sitting in it - but that booster isn't going to do a bit of good to hold your child in if YOU DON'T BUCKLE THE SEAT BELT!!!!

Kbithnx,
The lady in the suburban with this look on her face :eek:

ADS

Mom2FiveGirls

Kinda like the little girl DD#2 pointed out Saturday as we were stuck in traffic on the interstate. She said that the girl was sitting in "the prettiest car seat I've ever seen and she isn't even buckled!" :( But hey, I suppose she's still protected by the "britax bubble" just by sitting in it...

babygirlsmom1005

Kinda like the little girl DD#2 pointed out Saturday as we were stuck in traffic on the interstate. She said that the girl was sitting in "the prettiest car seat I've ever seen and she isn't even buckled!" :( But hey, I suppose she's still protected by the "britax bubble" just by sitting in it...

I guess that Graco TB has a bubble also :(

NannyMom

That would be my SIL. And my other SIL had her son's booster installed like a carseat, with the seatbelt behind the cover.

Qarin

I noted the license plates/information for TWO cars today with children in the backseat completely unbuckled. In one, the woman driving and one of the children in the back had seatbelts on (I don't think he was in a booster, but I can't be sure), but the other child, maybe 7 or 8 years old, completely unbuckled (could see the shoulder belt going straight down, clearly not buckled behind him or anything). The other was much more shocking to me- little girl in the rear passenger side seat, close to if not OVER a year old, rear facing in a Scenera!! And then, a boy, 7-9 years old, in the driver side rear seat, leaned up against the door, no seatbelt at all.

In both cases, they were next to me while we were stopped at a red light, giving me a really clear view into the back seats of their car. That little rear-facing girl was hecka cute, too, smiling and waving to me.

Typing them up at 800bucklup.org now.

NannyMom

I cannot even begin to understand the thought process :doh:

Lack of education/ knowledge. She knew she had to put the seatbelt through the back of the carseat. She had just bought the booster (after seeing one I got for A). I'm sure she grew up where there were no carseats, or if there were, she saw them as often as most of us see an ERF ;)

However, the SIL that just let the kid sit in the booster, no belt, is different. Just ignorance. She grew up here, and just doesn't care. By the time he was 5 she gave up on having a seat in the car at all (and law was 6), and she taught him to duck and hide when cops were around :rolleyes::eek:

DahliaRW

Don't you know that car boosters are just like the ones at the table, just so kids can sit higher and see out the window?

KIDDING!

Goodness, some people!

And the hold on part to the armrests, if they don't buckle what are the odds they put in the TB screws? I'm guessing the kiddo will hold on and the arm rests will come off!

Kyras_Mama

Hmm.. is there a carseat version of failblog anywhere? If not, someone needs to start one... Saw one itty bitty in the grocery store checkout last night wrapped tightly in a blanket and then put into a 3 pt seat (that I think was expired too) with straps running from under his arms and down to the buckle. Was pulled tight enough that I'm pretty positive it wasn't something they did just to get him into the store.... Also the little boy wearing his BACKPACK in the booster seat but at least he was buckled in I guess...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC