Wavo seats

lil96

Does anyone have one of these or know anything about them? Are they comfy? safe? etc.

I am just guessing that is what my local VW dealer has based on looks (I have only compared online VW and online Wavo). I was considering getting one since they rf til 18kg. and can also be ff 9-18, but why use that??:D

Online they look like really cheap material and not very cushiony.

ADS

InternationalMama

I know the Wavo seats got good reviews from the ADAC. The only thing I remember about them though is they have a base component to them and you have to choose the right base to fit your car so I'm not clear on how it would work if you ever need to change cars to a car that needs a different base or if you bought a different car that needed a different base.

They are pricey too once you work out the cost of the two components. And once there was a poster who came on and said her child had outgrown the seat well before they reached 18 kg, so it may have a short shell, but when I expressed surprise and asked her how tall her child was I don't think she ever posted back.

I'm not sure if the VW seat you are looking at would be a Wavo though as I thought Wavo was RF only? I think VW in Germany sells the Britax Fixway and Britax Multi-Tech, but recently someone (Lena) said they also sell other kinds.

lil96

they looks so much alike, I am pretty sure they are the same. On the wavo site it says they can ff or rf too. I am just skeptical bc they look so cheap. Now if you say that other person thinks the shell was short that is another downside. I just got excited because if it is available locally then I can check it out as opposed to 99.5% of all the other rfing seats where I would have to order them online then see how they are.

They aren't that expensive. The seat is ~200 and the base in another 100 and then possibly another 80. But like you I am confused about the prices :) I asked the wavo guy for a quote. I will ask at VW to compare the prices too.

VW online has this seat and the Roemer King Plus, 2 different high back boosters and an ifant carrier. All the hbb look the same to me, so I am no help guessing what they are. (yes they are differences, but I have never looked into any of those seats, so I couldn't tell ya).

lil96

just got the email back from the guy
here is what he says:
Hello and thank you for your inquiry.

Yes we work togheter with VW for a long time and tey test all their new models exclusive with our Car seat.
So it will fit very good in your Touran. Space is enough in Touran.
You can use the WAVO G01 Isofix from 0 until 18 kg rearward facing. And you will need the Frametype D for your car. You also need a "fill in piece" for the ground compartment in your car. Price is 15 Euro.
Perhaps you will need the Headrest for you child for 14 Euro.
Freightcost are 40 Euro to Finland.
Seat is 208,- or 219 Euro Standard or Luxversion. (Lux has doubbled cushion, very sofrt and comfortable!)
Frametype RWF D for Touran

We just need also your adress ...
We accept payment direct to our Account which we send you after your order. After payment is on our Account we deliver within 5 to 10 days normaly to you.
For any more questions please ask.

You will find on www.mywavo.com under WAVO G01 Isofix also pics...scroll down...we send you also a link in the next mail.

best regards from Germany

WAVO Kindersitze

Berno Vogler

I asked him if it really was rfing, I didn't ask about the ff, bc I thought no way a German seat rfs :D I have no idea why he thinks I am in Finland though?

So if I understand him, it would be 250 +shipping

InternationalMama

If VW sells a piece to fill your storage compartment for 15 Euros does that mean that if you buy that 15 Euro piece you could install a different car seat with a support leg instead? I know Adventure Dad has talked before about cars that allow the storage compartment to be filled with a special piece and then will accept a seat with a support leg.

If you can do that it would open up your options a lot for 15 Euros for the foam piece. How old is the child you want this seat for? We have a Graco Duologic I and I love it. I think Lena (another poster) has a Duologic II. Also, BeSafe has some stores in Germany (can't remember the name of the stores at the moment) that will install their seats (isofix with support leg) if you want something that someone can install. They are supposed to be dreamy, but need a bigger car than the Graco.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC