Should I try to fix or see if Britax will help out?

autumnlily

I have a late 2006 Marathon that has a twisted LATCH (how in the world the webbing twisted, no clue) AND the back plastic plate that covers the harness straps came off and I can not get it back on.

I have untwisted a LATCH webbing recently, but my carpal tunnel went CRAZY and there in no way my DH would have the patience for me to try to guide him through it. AND, this is the second time on this Marathon it has happened too. Granted, it is in grandparents care... could be part of the issue.

I know I can use a seat belt install... it's more the principal of it AND that my parents feel better using LATCH.

Would you bother with it, try to fix it or see if Britax would allow you a discounted seat to replace it? I don't really need any additional seats... however, Britax is the only seat both sets of grandparents can install correctly (easy LATCH or using lock-off).

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I've twisted my LATCH before. I just sat there and untwisted it. Ugh, but I just sat and worked it out.

Also, the black plastic on the back isn't required, it's just there so you don't get the seatbelt through the harness. I've had mine off for a long time and would pop it on and off at will. It was tough to get it back on the first time, though.

Given that you can use the seatbelt, and the plastic isn't required, and the seat is over three years old, I'd be surprised if Britax would do anything for you. It's not as hard to twist the LATCH as you might think, and the plastic will go back on with the help of a screwdriver and some cursing.

Wendy

autumnlily

I hear ya. Thanks!

I'm glad to know that I'm not required to have the black plastic.. I hadn't dived into the manual yet. I do worry, however, that it is not grandparent proof (pushing seat belt through the harnesses)... especially with the LATCH out of commission for a few weeks.

Wow, I was in a grumpy mood earlier with the seat and having to play with the LATCH webbing one more time just put me over the top. I just undid the webbing issue for a friend a few weeks back... wish it had been MY seat that I had fixed.

okay, enough with the whining... as always, Wendy, you have been a great voice of reason ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC