This guy is in idiot.

ADS

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I guess I'm just a "fat kid enabler" :mad: My DD would have had to go into a Turbobooster when she was almost 3. She's been at 42 lbs ever since and is growing like a weed @@ Her weight hasn't changed in almost 2 years. I love ignorant people. They just put a bright smile on my face.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Huh.
I would guess that this guy has some issues with which he has not dealt. He is projecting his anger onto the carseat industry and the parents of children who he considers "fat". I wonder what that is all about. :confused:

Duckieheart

If I speak really really fast and scream as much as possible with vigerous hand gestures- think people would find me funny?

broken4u05

i wonder what seats he is thinking about for "fat kids" because to me a seat that goes to 80 pounds just means a kid can be in it longer. Does he not think about that or not want to think about it.

Simplysomething

Can y'all post a summary? I figure that there is some jerk spouting off about carseats going to higher weights--because of "fat" kids? And this is bad?

Bah, what a moron.

broken4u05

Can y'all post a summary? I figure that there is some jerk spouting off about carseats going to higher weights--because of "fat" kids? And this is bad?

Bah, what a moron.

It was a guy that was yelling that we are making car seats bigger because of fat children. And that if we didn't make bigger car seats and people start getting tickets because their children not in seats than people would work at getting the kids skinnier. And a bunch of other things. the whole fat child thing just pissed me off so much.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I didn't even last 10 seconds -- Leila walked up & made a scrunchy "yucky" face, said "Ew, change it mama" :rolleyes: :p He should really take note of Leila in the extended harness seats: until very recently she was only 5th percentile for weight ... it's always been about HEIGHT for her (should I starve her to solve that issue) :confused: *GAG*

beeman

Well he just crashed us to prove his point. He has a point there that a larger portion of the population is becoming obesse, and rather than solve the problem with the obessity, we are giving band aid solutions to cover up the problem. He didn't need to hit carseats like that. All he did was buy us some negative ad campaign about extended harnessing. But to get his point across to the uneducated about carseats, he did portray it, even if he looked like an idiot. This guy really needs to get a life though, and quit crashing the things that are helping society get ahead, just to prove his point.

bbartlettnfld

I don't think I lasted 10 seconds...

The guy has a seriously narrow view of "fat" people.. My mom was a "fat" kid and was teased and hounded for her first 8 yrs, until it was discovered she had a seriously underactive thyroid gland.. Correct medication and 6 mos later she was the correct weight for her age and height..

It really irks me when people think the being over weight means you are lazy and eat too much. Overweight kids need the exact same amount of protection as "skinny" kids... Geez...

CRS

Senior Community Member
It really irks me when people think the being over weight means you are lazy and eat too much. Overweight kids need the exact same amount of protection as "skinny" kids... Geez...

ITA! DS eats fresh fruit and yoghurt for lunch and drinks water and milk for his beverages, he (20 months) is a very 'beefy' child but by no means does he eat too much nor is he lazy. He's bubbly and full of energy! We don't own a pram so he holds our hand and walks with us. Just so happens he was born big :) (and beautiful!)

skaterbabs

heh. My off-the-charts huge toddler is a fairly small ten yo. CJ weighed 30 lbs at a year. By age 7 he'd dropped to the 30th percentile with no input at all from us. He finally started growing again, but even now he's only 50th percentile. :rolleyes: My itty bitty peanut (DD) didn't weigh 30 lbs until she was almost 2, but 15 mos later she weighs 38 lbs. :p yet according to this guy, both are too fat.

murphysmommy

It's obviously his shtick. Who knows if he even believes half of what he says. It's the "YouTube" mentality--have to say something shocking or controversial so your video is viewed x# of times over someone else's. You can see by the variety of his other videos on YouTube that he is just a ranter looking for attention. If he really knew what he was talking about, he could probably yank a spot on CNN or FOX...Lord knows, they have to fill 24 hours of "news" coverage with all sorts of blow hards just to have something to broadcast. The more shock the better...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC