My RSTV Came!!!! (pics 4yo and 2 1/2yo for comparison)

DahliaRW

We bought a RSTV for ds1 for when we head out east this spring (and when we travel in general). Ds1 is 5yo, around 41lbs, and probably around 43" tall right now. Ds picked out red, but it looks very pinkish which he is very happy about. It's much more of a salmon than a red.

Wondering how the fit looks:

4399401731_24c30b453d.jpg

Sorry for the angle, he was on the back bench of our Sienna because it's the only place there is not a car seat installed! I forgot to put the headrest back on (it's off so his turbobooster fits), but in real life using the vest I would put it on.

Out of curiousity I tried it on my ds2 who is 2 years 7 months old. He is around 37" tall and 33-34lbs.

DISCLAIMER: This child is not old enough to use a RSTV or a booster and does not ride in one (he rides rfing actually!). Do not use a RSTV and booster together!

The only way I could get him to sit in it was in his brother's booster and he wouldn't let me buckle him to see how that worked. I do think his torso is not long enough, even though he is in the weight and height range for the vest.

4399402131_3568eb00e4.jpg

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
It might just be an illusion, but the lapbelt looks a little loose, I'd give it a tug to tighten it.

Other than that, it looks like a great fit on your 5yo!

DahliaRW

It might just be an illusion, but the lapbelt looks a little loose, I'd give it a tug to tighten it.

Other than that, it looks like a great fit on your 5yo!

It might have been after that picture, but I did yank and tighten. It still looks loose because of the loops on the vest that kind of crinkle the belt a bit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC