Today at Target, I saw....!!

natysr

an 8ish year old girl throw a mild tantrum because her dad was buying her little brother a new carseat. (He was getting the kid a Complete Air).

The 8 year old was feeling left out, so the dad offered to buy her a backless booster. She was so excited to pick it out. And I heard the dad say "Now, if I buy you this, you are going to sit in it right?" Girl "Oh yes!"

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ADS

barnmama25

WhooooHooooo!!! I almost intervened a couple discussing car seats today at target. It was an older couple looking at the RA50 and GN and I over heard the guy call them a sham..... I knew I wouldnt be able to control myself so I left the store as fast as I could..... I know I should have tried to help them but I wasnt getting a good vibe at ALL. :shrug-shoulders:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I stopped a family from buying a FF only seat for their 7 month old at Target yesterday. And steered them toward the MyRide, Symphony 65, Complete Air, or Scenera if their budget wouldn't allow for that (to be followed by a Nautilus when outgrown if they got the Scenera.)

natysr

Honestly I didn't pay much attention to what kind of seat it was. There were 4 different patterns/colors on display there. I think they were priced at around $22.

armywife12

You're experience is a whole lot better than what I witnessed today at Target. I tried talking a couple out of buying a high back booster for their newly turned 3 yr old. They're pediatrician recommended it (im in fl right now). They left with an evenflo big kid because their younger daughter (about 12-14 months old) had already outgrown her seat months ago and needed her brothers seat. They said she had outgrown it months who but kept her in it (guessing an infant seat) because she was small. I overheard them saying "well this one is only $35" and such. I was so mad. Right after they left, a mom came up and bought her child, who looked to be about 4 yrs old, a backless booster. At that point, I was too upset with the first family that I didn't even bother. I hate Floridas booster laws!

capeKO71

I had a 7 year old and a 10 year old comein - both on the smaller side - but the 10 year old did actually pass the 5 step test - the belt fit her on her hips, and she was able to bend her knees over the edge of the foster mom's jetta.

So I put the 7 year old in a backless harmony (pink) and after a lot of ooh and ahhhing by the 7 year old, the 10 year old wanted to use hers! (I gave the foster mom one for her because the foster dad has a bigger car with much bigger back seats - so I'm guessing she won't pass the 5pt in those cars - she's sort of at that borderline point, where she fits in some cars and not in others). It did give her a little better fit - and I was glad the foster mom wouldn't have battles anymore!

It was pretty funny... sometimes peer (or sibling) pressure is good!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hahah, cool, I love it :D

Better than what I saw, the small 5 year old begging for the Mariposa Nautilus and mom insisting she get the Big Kid, and the kid grousing (rightly!) about how it's just like her other one and *uncomfortable*! :eek:

Kat_Momof3

Natalie - great catch!! I would have loved to have been there... I would have walked right up to the dad and told him what a great thing he was doing... why the booster was important and how smart his little girl was. (of course, trying to also at the same time sway him to a highback booster, if she'd fit)

I hope he put the screws in, if it was a turbo.

Jools... how horrid... it's sad that sometimes kids know better than parents.
was that at your BRU/TRU where you (I think) work? If so, were you able to find a seat to make both mom and child happy?

skaterbabs

Much better than the mom I saw a few months ago insisting that the TB was the ONLY seat Target had to fit her 38 lb (yeah right - more like 33 lb!) two-year-old. :thumbsdown:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, there was no arguing with that mom, her demeanor scared me away before I even tried... I hid behind the mighty tites and trembled.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC