Onboard bases sold separately at BRU: No Lockoffs

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yay, we finally have spare bases. Boo, they have no lockoffs. And the funniest darn height adjuster I've ever seen :confused:
It's like a Snugride foot, but with a slot/handle on the bottom, you just yank it down, like, out of the shell completely, then rotate it, then push it back in, but it mostly stays out. When you want to retract it, pull it out again, spin it again, and push it back in.
The front of the base seems to have nubby 'horns', I almost wonder if it prevents rebound? Compared to the rounded front of the Snugride...I'd love to try them both in a real car (everything installs perfectly on the test bench at the store, it doesn't seem like a fair trial :rolleyes:)

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
So...there are now 3 different bases for the ob? with lockoff, w/o lockoff, and this new, weird design? That's not confusing as hell.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
And for grins we tried to stick the designer 22 in it and it didn't fit (or seem to? If it did, nothing clicked)... http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3702329

Edit..ah, look, it seems to fit Bertini and Safety 1st, but not Cosco... [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-onBoard-Infant-Black/dp/B002U3ZSBG"]Amazon.com: Safety 1st onBoard 35 Infant Car Seat Base, Black: Baby[/ame]

edit again... well, why not? [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-onBoard-Infant-Black/dp/B002U3ZSBG"]Amazon.com: Safety 1st onBoard 35 Infant Car Seat Base, Black: Baby[/ame]

I have no idea. I'm just... annoyed.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I hate the foot too. I did an install the other day. Wow, so annoying. So how much are the bases? We don't have then as of right now, at Burlington.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The foot bugs me. It is either up or down. You don't get the pick a setting like graco, evenflo, chicco, well heck, anyone. The only one that is worse is the discovery base, wwith no options.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
:eek:
See, from my POV, that's ridiculously expensive, when you could have a scenera for that money, and it would last 3-4 years as a backup seat.

Well, you know, compared to the $79.99 Key Fit base right next to it, or even the $51 SR35...

I always offer to show people how to install without the base, but they'd rather just pour their money away :rolleyes:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
To be fair, if the seat is going to be regularly moved from one car to the other regularly (like, dad drops kid off at daycare, mom picks her up), it really does make sense to have 2 bases. And it lessens the probability of incorrect use if we can just get both bases installed correctly. (Which this base in particular does not seem to be facilitating, but, say, a Keyfit base.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC