I need a new Diaper bag

cryswilkins

I have a Skip Hop Duo. Although it was perfect when we were doing sposies, I need something bigger now that we are CD full time. It still works for short trips.

I need something that will fit enough stuff for a whole day at the sitters, diapers, 3 changes of clothes (DS is a puker), wipes, blankie, several burp clothes, wetbag, bottles, formula. Extra bonus if it would fit a change of clothes for DD and a pull-up or two but not a must as she can take her own backpack.

I was looking at the Skip Hop Duo Double, but it seems enormous. I don't want anything too big, but I also don't want to have to drag 18 bags with me every time I take them to the sitters. I would also like to spend under $100 even that is pushing it for DH to be on board, lol.

ADS

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I really really love Vera Bradley bags for diaper bags. http://www.verabradley.com/

I've used to Baby Bag, the Miller Bag, the Villager, the Large backpack, etc. I have tons of Veras, I could take pictures of my cloth dipes and stuff in one or more of them if you're interested in them. I really like them because they are easily washable.

Last edited:

autumnlily

I purchased a messenger bag from REI... it has a rubber bottom to help with putting on the ground in our rainy city. It held plenty for my twins (who wear cloth too) and an extra pair of clothes for all three children. I'll try to find a link.. it was on sale for $60.

NVMBR02

I have a jujube between and it fits 3 cloth diapers, medium wet bag and all the stuff I need to carry. I could probably shove another diaper or two in if I needed to.

Maybe the Be All?

rodentranger

I have a Skip Hop City Chic Park Avenue. It holds plenty! I can cram about 6 cloth diapers, and a change of 4T clothes plus my normal mommy stuff into it.

monstah

I'm a huge backpack fan. Backpacks will hold everything & more and they never slide off your shoulder. Daypacks My Eddie Bauer backpack was my favorite. I have a Skip Hop via right now but it doesn't hold half as much as my Eddie Bauer did.

zactayaus

I just returned the skip hop duo I ordered from target.com cause I hated how tall it was and it didn't hold too much. I ended up getting the Spark by skip hop. It was on clearance at target (in store) for $22. It doesn't look that big, but man does this thing hold a lot! I have in it right now - 2 bumgenuis AIO's, gallon size zip-lock bag (my version of a wet beg:eek:) 1 sposie, pack of wipes, bottle bag (with two bottles), powder formula dispenser, burp cloth (which doubles as a lovey), receiving blanket (doubles as a changing pad), complete change of clothes, a couple toys, a few pacifiers in a case, both mine and dh's glasses in their hard shell cases, two jars of baby food, bib, spoon (all contained in a zip-lock), my wallet, cell phone, and keys. I think that's it and there's plenty of room for more!

Here's a couple pics (which don't do it justice):

Gavin10monthsold033.jpg

Gavin10monthsold034.jpg

lukensophie

Senior Community Member
I use the Do-It-All Diaper Bag from Lands' End. I have it in red, which isn't on the website right now. The light blue color is on sale for $24.95, but it has pink piping (which I don't understand, because it only leaves navy for boys). I can cram all kinds of stuff in that with all of the different pockets. The top of the bag opens on a hinge, like an old-fashioned doctor's bag.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

What about a skip hop expo? It's the same as the duo but with the expandable bottom? We have four of them. :whistle:, two blue camo and one grey with red piping and a red with grey piping. We have a blue camo in each vehicle with changes of clothes, jacket, books, crayons, straw cups, etc. DD is 4 1/2 so no diapers anymore but it seems when we go somewhere she spills something on her clothes or ends up muddy.

Athena

I use the Do-It-All Diaper Bag from Lands' End. I have it in red, which isn't on the website right now. The light blue color is on sale for $24.95, but it has pink piping (which I don't understand, because it only leaves navy for boys). I can cram all kinds of stuff in that with all of the different pockets. The top of the bag opens on a hinge, like an old-fashioned doctor's bag.

Why can't you have pink piping with a boy? :)

Does the shoulder strap have any cushion on it? Is it long enough to go across your body, as in the bag is on your left and goes across so that the strap goes over your right shoulder? Thanks for the info! I cannot tell by the pics. Looks like a nice bag, although they could use some better fabrics/colors.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I have the Skip Hop Spark diaper bag too. (couldn't resist it for $22 at Target!) I've only had it for a couple of weeks and haven't used it much, but so far I love it. Very, very nice for the price. :thumbsup:

Crystal, the Target nearest me had quite a few left (not just the red - it's really more red than pink). If you'd like me to check and see if they still have it, the girls and I might be able to run up there tomorrow.

cryswilkins

Thanks Andrea, but think that I am going to see how this week (first week back to work) goes with the bag we have and go from there.

I think that I may want the Skip Hop Via Messenger.

ZephyrBlue

I've heard that the SH Via messenger and backpack are both really small inside. Love the look, though.

The Sherpani NuVie is very very spacious inside- definately big enough for cloth and your other stuff, too. Ebags has them on sale this week, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC