Radian XTSL

cpsaddict

So, me the die-hard Britax lover is going to buy a Radian XTSL in Flora. I think. :whistle: Please tell me I will not regret this. I love my Marathon and Diplomat, but I :love: the Flora. Love it. Like it is stuck in my head. It would also be nice to have a narrow seat for when I do 3-across. My car is good for 3-across, but three Marathons is in no way going to work. I also go with my mom and/or sister a lot and in her Explorer she has an RA50. It would be nice to be able to put two seats side by side, leaving space for another person in the second row. I HATE sitting in the third row.
I did have a Radian at one point, but it was pre-baby and I did not use it often. I will be using the Radian daily, sometimes several times a day. In and out with the MA is easy, peasy. Please reassure me that the Radian is easy enough, too. If you hate it, tell me that, too. :eek: I am *this* close to ordering it on payday. I found a good deal at albeebaby, but I am open to other places if someone knows of a better deal than 15% off. :whistle:

ADS

Pixels

I miss the Radian in my car.

You're seriously going to love the Radian-Britax puzzling. It's amazing.

Do you mean you are going to be doing in and out, as in reinstalling the seat frequently? Or just kids in and out frequently? Do you loosen and tighten each time, or set it and forget it?

armywife12

I am in love with our xtsl. We had a marathon for a while and it is much easier to install than the marathon but I love the Radian lol. I can overlook the semi tough installation. It might sound silly but I even love the chest clip on it. I couldn't be happier with it.

chasingboys

I am a Britax lover that has a Flora Radian... what can I say, I loved the cover so much I bought it and now I like it's carseat features. lol. My 4y/o DS rode in it for about a month and he loved it too. He is over the top slots now so we have it put away until the new baby gets here. I will say that I prefer the "cushiness" of the Marathon and how the sides of the seat are higher but yesterday I put my bff's 9lb 10wk'er in the Radian and she fit beautifully (except for the giant looking chest clip!) lol she's no where near fitting in the Marathon. It's good to know that the Radian really can fit a small baby!

Anyway, from one Britax lover to another...I think you'll like the Radian.

swtgi1982

the code does not work on the radian for unknown reasons??? I read all the disclaimers on why it would not work and none apply to it:confused::confused:

cpsaddict

I miss the Radian in my car.

You're seriously going to love the Radian-Britax puzzling. It's amazing.

Do you mean you are going to be doing in and out, as in reinstalling the seat frequently? Or just kids in and out frequently? Do you loosen and tighten each time, or set it and forget it?

It will mostly stay installed in the middle of my car, an 01 Esacpe w/LATCH. I might put it outboard though because I have my nephews sometimes and they both are rf in MA's. Then again, if they puzzle nicely, it could stay in the middle. I am on the go a lot on my days off, so dd is in and out a lot. I loosen/tighten everytime. It would get moved to my mom's car maybe once or twice a month.

babygirlsmom1005

So, me the die-hard Britax lover is going to buy a Radian XTSL in Flora. I think. :whistle: Please tell me I will not regret this. I love my Marathon and Diplomat, but I :love: the Flora. Love it. Like it is stuck in my head. It would also be nice to have a narrow seat for when I do 3-across. My car is good for 3-across, but three Marathons is in no way going to work. I also go with my mom and/or sister a lot and in her Explorer she has an RA50. It would be nice to be able to put two seats side by side, leaving space for another person in the second row. I HATE sitting in the third row.
I did have a Radian at one point, but it was pre-baby and I did not use it often. I will be using the Radian daily, sometimes several times a day. In and out with the MA is easy, peasy. Please reassure me that the Radian is easy enough, too. If you hate it, tell me that, too. :eek: I am *this* close to ordering it on payday. I found a good deal at albeebaby, but I am open to other places if someone knows of a better deal than 15% off. :whistle:

Diapers.com does price matching....so if you call them, they will pricematch Albee baby and if it's your first order from them....use a referal code and they will knock $10.00 off :whistle:

We :love: our RNXT - My 4 year old loves rear facing in hers....

emandbri

You will love it! I bought my first radian to use when I wanted to fit three in a row and then ended up with it being Elizabeth and Benjamin's primary seats. :D

Pixels

The Radian and Marathons puzzle really well when they are facing the same direction.

Tightening the harness is annoying with the tug-tug-tugs. It was when we started using the Radian that we stopped tightening and loosening every time. It was a little annoying at first, but we quickly adjusted, and now I don't tighten/loosen even on seats with smooth adjusters.

cpsaddict

My Marathon is tug-tug-tug, so that is not a issue with me. I mean, it is annoying, but I can live with it.

luvmy2

I'm a Britax lover that also LOVES my Radian. I do not think you will be disappointed.

*I'm actually getting ready to buy a R80SL to be my DD's primary seat (she is currently in a Shannon BLVD)! :love:

cookie123

Jacky, I noticed you have an Escape. I have a Tribute - 2005 with leather. I have all but given up using the RN ff in it. RF I can't have it behind me or my knees are literally touching the dash and I'm 5' 5.5" with short legs. The passenger side works but in my car no one is usually sitting there if I have the kids, so I'm not sure. It does work center.

I have seen someone else say that it works for them in an Escape. So, maybe there's some slight difference.

cpsaddict

I got it rf and ff with no issues in my 01 Escape. In the middle, I got it at 45 without moving my seat up. I had a Radian65 about a year ago for a couple weeks. My car is the base model with a flat bench seat, which I think makes things easier.

BrendansMommy

FWIW, I have an 05 Tribute (same as an Escape). I found that the Radian XTSL install much easier that the Marathon. I have only tried it RF on the passenger's side, though. :twocents:

cpsaddict

You are more that welcome to borrow mine to see if you feel the love.

I just may do that. I think DH would kill me if I got one and then changed my mind a couple weeks later. Reselling diapers I change my mind about is one thing. Reselling/shipping a car seat is a whole nother story. :whistle:

BrendansMommy

Jacky, I noticed you have an Escape. I have a Tribute - 2005 with leather. I have all but given up using the RN ff in it. RF I can't have it behind me or my knees are literally touching the dash and I'm 5' 5.5" with short legs. The passenger side works but in my car no one is usually sitting there if I have the kids, so I'm not sure. It does work center.

I have seen someone else say that it works for them in an Escape. So, maybe there's some slight difference.

I just noticed this. I have an 05 Tribute also, but with cloth seats, and my RNXTSL RF fits in there just fine. :shrug-shoulders: I have it behind the passenger side. I can sit in the front passenger seat (I'm 5'6") with no problems. My 6'1" DH can, too, but his knees are at the dash.

The Radian is touching the front headrest, but not braced against it, if that makes sense.

I wonder what the deal is. I do want to try if FF, now, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC