Question MyRide vs TrueFit vs EFTA - I think I'm going crazy!

libbiesmom

I've been saving up to buy DD a Radian XTSL, but seeing as I dropped the Marathon and cracked the base :eek:, I can't wait any longer...:( So here I am, confused all over again! (the story of my life :) ) I am trying to decide between the MyRide, TrueFit and the EFTA. I REALLY want the Recaro Signo/Como but am really concerned about the legroom, or should I say lack of legroom! DD is 19 months, 26 lbs and 32 in. She has a long torso and short legs. (She is sleeping now but can get her torso height when she wakes up) My goal is to RF as long as possible. I drive an 04 Honda Odyssey, and have the Captain's seat that her seat is on pushed to the middle - if this matters any.

Would one of these seats work better for us than the others? I am a little concerned about the MyRide and whether the shell would be outgrown too soon? Any thoughts/suggestions? Is there another seat I should consider? My limit is $175. TIA!

ADS

Anne

If she has a long torso then I would go with the TF because it has a taller shell than the others. My DD is 20 months, almost 32", 22 lbs and has tons of room left in her TFP.

ChckLiz

Hi, I have a Recaro Como. It's a great seat! The only thing that I don't like about it is how high it sits, but other than that, I have no complaints about it! My son is also 19 months, 25-26 lbs. and 34 in. tall. He has a 13 in. torso and is on the 2nd slot from the bottom.. hasn't moved since we got the seat at 8 months! To me, he has plenty of leg room and doesn't seem to mind it at all. Here is a pic of him in the seat!

20061_1237197532950_1319581480_30762353_4708587_n.jpg

armywife12

If you think you'll need a taller shell than a higher weight limit, id go with the true fit. If you think you'll need the higher weight limit more than the taller shell, id go with the myride. I never recommend the recaro convertibles because of the ridiculously high base, the the ridiculously shallow seat and the narrowness at the top of the seat. It's one of the few seats that is outgrown rear and forward facing from the child being uncomfortable before the child has truly outgrown the seat. It was a huge waste of money for us.

My child is both on the heavier and taller side and has a long torso. He still fits in the myride with about 1.5-2 inches of growing room left rf, meaning he will most likely fit rf to at least 3 yrs old so it will get most children rf to at least 3 yrs old. The true fit he outgrow rf at 25 months old because he hit 35lbs.

libbiesmom

Thank you for your replies! I am heading out here in a few minutes to try my DD in these different seats and also try them in my van. The nearest town that has all of these is about an hour away, so hopefully we will be successful today. :)

Thank you so much for the picture of the Recaro! :thumbsup: I :love::love: this seat, but am also trying to be rational about this decision too!

arly1983

Hi there! I am in South Georgia too! About an hour or so above Valdosta.

Trying them out is really the best thing you can do. Some seats just have quirks you can't stand or others have features you just love but didn't expect too.

All 3 of the seats you listed are great choices overall.

Good luck!

abigaylebelle

I have an efta and a signo. While the signo is narrower than the efta, my shoulders can fit into the seat with the headwings all the way up so it can't be that narrow. My ds wears 2t pants and he has plenty of legroom rf in it as well. I like the signo better than the efta, but only by a little bit.

libbiesmom

Thank you all for all the advice. After trying each seat in my car and DD in each seat, I have decided to go with the Recaro. I realize that I may only get 2 years out of this seat, but at the price I am getting it for I am totally ok with that. Plus, I like carseats too much and 2 years is probably the longest I would keep one anyway. :D While at Target, they had a Britax Regent (returned online order) for $119 - it was so tempting not to buy that and put it away for DD for later!:) But I restrained myself and said that by the time I am ready to use it something better will be out! :D I did like the MyRide 65 but just felt there wasn't enough padding in the seat. I make a 6 hr trip (one way) back to my hometown in Alabama at least every other month so this is important to me. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for your advice!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC