GOT IT!!!!!!!!

Crystalline

I got the Safety 1st Complete Air car seat!!

I just got done installing it. DH and I looked at the owners and had an extremely hard time so I found installation videos which helped out so much.

So anyways... I got it installed and it is bolted down! The front passenger seat is has been moved up a little but that is okay. :love::love::love::love::love::love:

I'm so excited!!!!

I'm going to take it to an installation technician just in case.

Edited to add that it's RFed. No other way and DH is startinf to accept that I plan to keep it that way.

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

New seats are always so exciting, aren't they? Congratulations! :D

ave you already found a tech in your area? You can search for one nearby on this forum. :cool: You can also post pictures here of your install so we can try to help.

Crystalline

New seats are always so exciting, aren't they? Congratulations! :D

ave you already found a tech in your area? You can search for one nearby on this forum. :cool: You can also post pictures here of your install so we can try to help.

I was planning on going out today with DS and to a tech but we ended up staying home. I still have in KF30 in there too. I don't think I will be able to catch one tomorrow since it will be Sunday so I might have to take till next Friday.

Crystalline

Yay! I LOVE my CA. It had a few quirks I had to get used to, but most seats do!

Agreed. It's really big! I know convertible car seats are large, but I loved it because of the height. DF is not too happy with the passenger seat being so forward, but it's a sacrifice he has to make. He'll get used to it. ;)

DahliaRW

Agreed. It's really big! I know convertible car seats are large, but I loved it because of the height. DF is not too happy with the passenger seat being so forward, but it's a sacrifice he has to make. He'll get used to it. ;)

Since your LO is older, you can have the seat more upright than 45 degrees (as upright as 30), so that will buy the front passenger seat some more room if you want. :) My CA takes up less room installed than my SS1, front to back.

cookie123

Can you install in the center? If it fits between your front seats, that will make it better. Or maybe I missed why you don't/can't. Just a suggestion.

Crystalline

Can you install in the center? If it fits between your front seats, that will make it better. Or maybe I missed why you don't/can't. Just a suggestion.

I would always have preferred to have it in the center, but I have a Trailblazer and the middle seat is really tiny. Plus I prefer latch than seat belt only because if DH isn't around, I will not be able to do the seatbelt tight enough. Latch is much more reassuring to me.

Also, we have another LO on the way. They'll both have to be at the sides.

Crystalline

Since your LO is older, you can have the seat more upright than 45 degrees (as upright as 30), so that will buy the front passenger seat some more room if you want. :) My CA takes up less room installed than my SS1, front to back.

Oh awesome! I remember reading about that but never knew if I had to wait till he was a little older as in at least a year. DH has an angle finder so we'll use that to adjust it.

Crystalline

Here is the old KF30:

DSC_4939.jpg

Here is the new CA!!!

DSC_4937.jpg

DSC_4938.jpg

DSC_4944.jpg

DSC_4943.jpg

DSC_4946.jpg

DahliaRW

Oh awesome! I remember reading about that but never knew if I had to wait till he was a little older as in at least a year. DH has an angle finder so we'll use that to adjust it.

Cute pix!

Good head control is key. You want it reclined enough their head doesn't flop forward when sleeping (merely for comfort at that age). With really little babies, the issue is that head flopping can obstruct the airway. Older babies it's not such an issue.

Crystalline

Cute pix!

Good head control is key. You want it reclined enough their head doesn't flop forward when sleeping (merely for comfort at that age). With really little babies, the issue is that head flopping can obstruct the airway. Older babies it's not such an issue.

I am defintely going to angle it at 30 degrees, but maybe when he is a little older. I don't want to change his seating too much since he just got it. He's only sat in it twice. Plus, he looks so comfy like that!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC