WWYD? Carpool Question

scoutingbear

This afternoon I am bringing home 2 of A's friends from Kindy. They are much shorter than him and skinny little things. In their mom's cars they ride in HBB. (3 in ones, but that is another story. At least at 6 they are still boostered.)

I have a Highlander and currently have installed GN (used in harness mode) and Radian. A has a RSTV that only he will fit in (it is a large). I will also have C with me (and have a spare GN in the garage).

So, for the ride home (1.5 miles on residential street) this is my thought.
Friend 1 in GN, A in center in RSTV, Friend 2 in Radian
C in front seat with seat all the way back in GN. I don't feel comfortable putting someone else's kid in the front (even though his mom puts one of the kids in the front--hers, when picking up A from school).

Any other suggestions other than mucking out the back of the car in the rain to pull up the foldaway seat and having muddy shoes climb through my car and hoping the kid in the back can properly buckle themselves into the turbo?

ADS

natysr

Can you fit the 2 GNs and the radian, 3 across in the back?

Can you use the RSTV in the front seat? That would put the oldest child in the front, and the RSTV would keep A further away from the airbag than it would C in a GN. If you add the weight of C + GN and compare to the weight of A + RSTV, which weighs less (making less likely for the airbag to be activated)

Pixels

Can you fit 3-across with two GNs and the Radian? Then A in front in the RSTV, seatbelt locked unless your vehicle's manual prohibits it.

If not, then your plan is fine.

scoutingbear

I will go out and try putting the radian in the middle with the GN's on either side. Bummed that my MA is in my mom's car and she is gone for the weekend. That would have worked! I just wasn't sure about the RSTV in the front, but can do it if I can fit the other seats across the back.

ETA: Does not work to do 2 GN and Radian back there. At least not in the time and energy I have allotted to this task. Not today. So, that puts C in the front (and I'll NEVER hear the end of it from him!) and the 3 others in the backseat. I would spend more time mucking out the back but the social worker is due any minute to do her quarterly walk-through of the house and the garage is a mess so I don't want to be playing car seats with the garage wide open when she arrives to call attention to it!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC