RECARO NEWS - Vivo and NEW booster info

Kat_Momof3

Okay, I let a whole month go by and didn't hear back via email from Recaro... so I called Gayle... I know she can be iffy about some things, but I figured the small number of easy questions to ask her made her a relatively reliable source for me.

(plus, who else can you call for customer questions at Recaro?)

Anyway... here's the lowdown on the Vivo - Blush has been discontinued... that's why it's been hitting the big lots shelves like no one's business... Cobalt is the same

The current color options are - Crimson, Midnight, and Carbon

There WILL be new covers... she is not sure what they will be... we should see them released sometime in JUNE of this year.

And then she told me the BEST news, when I told her how worried I was that they were discontinuing the Vivo... she immediately said... "no, no, no... we aren't discontinuing it at all... in fact... we're going to introduce a new booster"... she said it should be sometime next year... and I'm honestly EXTREMELY excited because she told me what GERMAN seat it is the sister of...

the MONZA - http://translate.google.com/transla...com/index.php?id=565&region=0&L=0&sl=de&tl=en (this has been translated to English by google for me)

She did say it won't be exactly the same... some of the features will be different or not be there (methinks the speakers will not be there)
but it will otherwise be basically the same.

It's only going to be SLIGHTLY wider than the Vivo.. the headwings will be slightly wider... and the SIDE SUPPORTS... there will be EPS FOAM lining them!!

I went under accessories and they offer a footrest for the Monza in Germany... remember the Start was able to use one... I'm wondering if the US version will allow one... it would be great for our longer legged kiddos until they can just rest their feet on the floor.

I'm so excited.

I didn't think to ask her if it would be latch compatible, but I did ask her if it would go taller, and she said it should go another 2-3" taller than the Vivo...

As long as it sits as low as the Vivo, I know that means it will even fit in my third row!

But either way... I'm holding out for now... at least until Darren or one of you other techs that hits lifesavers and ABC can get a definitive date... because I want this seat for Ruthie so bad I can taste it.

It looks like it'd give her the things I love about the Monterey, but while giving her the more narrow snug fit of the Vivo.

I'm not going to call her back to bug her about latch capabilities since the seat won't be out for another good 9-12 months... and you know how slow they can be to actually release things.

I wouldn't hold out for the new one, but I have boosters that Ruthie won't outgrow or expire until long after this new seat should be out...

anyway... I'm excited!!

ADS

TXAggieTech

That is exciting! I wonder if they will have the EU weight limit of 80lbs? Wonder if there is anyway to get them to do away with the limit. CMIIW but the new Frontier 85 means that there are now ZERO high backs on the market with no upper limit.

christineka

Looks cool! I just wanted to point out that the vivo's side wings also have eps foam. I took the cover off just recently. I'm glad that I have years to wait until I will need to buy another booster. I hope there will be something perfect for my kids and van when the time comes.

I had talked to recaro about my cover and she told me they don't make blush anymore. I don't think I'm getting a replacement cover either.

Kat_Momof3

That is exciting! I wonder if they will have the EU weight limit of 80lbs? Wonder if there is anyway to get them to do away with the limit. CMIIW but the new Frontier 85 means that there are now ZERO high backs on the market with no upper limit.

I totally forgot to mention that... she said the new booster will go to 120lbs!! SQUEEE!!

Looks cool! I just wanted to point out that the vivo's side wings also have eps foam. I took the cover off just recently. I'm glad that I have years to wait until I will need to buy another booster. I hope there will be something perfect for my kids and van when the time comes.

I had talked to recaro about my cover and she told me they don't make blush anymore. I don't think I'm getting a replacement cover either.

You know, I didn't know that... hmmm... probably should have bothered to remove the cover and check.

I'm so in the mood for a more sturdy booster to replace the FPSV now that it isn't crucial for three-across... but I'm going to be strong and hold out the urge to shop until this baby comes out... but then I'm going to splurge!

barnmama25

YAY!!! I :love: new seats. And I especially :love: Recaro boosters!!
I must say though, from personal experiance, the Blush cover really does not hold up well at ALL. I have the Blush cover for the Como and it looks HORRIBLE, the velour is completely worn off the sides, legs and butt area, whereas the Midnight desert cover is still in perfect shape, regardless of how I have washed it. *knock on wood* I hope it lasts like this for years to come!

Thanks for the info Kat!

Qarin

Anyway... here's the lowdown on the Vivo - Blush has been discontinued... that's why it's been hitting the big lots shelves like no one's business... Cobalt is the same

:rolleyes: Sure with they'd hit the west coast Big Lots like anyone's business at all. The new seat sounds great, but in the meantime we could really use a couple of cheap Vivos (especially in pink and blue).

Yoshi

I have a Monza!:love:....My mom was in Germany last year and sent me one....unfortunately the store didn't have the -FIX (latch) version but we love it! (the speakers are not the best, BTW- very quiet with our iPods...I just figured ours were broken:confused:)

That is great that they are releasing them here:thumbsup:

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Looks nice!! Timing might be great. We will need a booster about April 2011 when the Husky expires. Really hope it has LATCH. That's on my want list for ds booster. Just bought him a turbo for dh truck. I refuse to have a turbo, b/c I am tired of looking at them even with a new cover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC