Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Swagbucks

CPS Technician LuckyFins3Lil'Fish's Avatar

Swagbucks

Who uses them & did you get the hidden code for today?
    DS: 2-3-06 Boostered in a Diono Monterey. DDs: 3-21-08 FF Evenflo Big Kid Amp & Britax Frontier 85 Booster Mode
    Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next. ~Franklin P. Jones

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Swagbucks

yes, and no

What are they?
    Brooklyn- 7 years, 47 lbs and 49 inches riding in an Oobr, 2 Ollis, Monterey, Vivo, Literider, and Cruz

Swagbucks is a site where you earn electronic bucks for web searches that you can eventually cash in for things like gift cards, ipods & such. It's free. They just turned 2yo & are offering bonus codes galore today. They are even offering 60 swagbucks for new signups.
    Last edited by crunchierthanthou; 07-11-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: remove referral code
    DS: 2-3-06 Boostered in a Diono Monterey. DDs: 3-21-08 FF Evenflo Big Kid Amp & Britax Frontier 85 Booster Mode
    Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next. ~Franklin P. Jones

I only signed up a few days ago. I still don't know what I'm supposed to do to make money and I don't have any codes.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

You use their search bar (instead of google for ex) & every once in a while you'll earn swagbucks. Codes are given out sporadically. Check their blog for codes & hints.

I've used Swagbucks for a while, and it's great! I got the toolbar, and I search for everything through there (even things I already know the web address for...like Best Buy, Target, CNN, etc). That helps get you more Swagbucks. Also, if you refer a friend, you get Swagbucks when they get them (up to a certain amount).

I always get Amazon gift cards for my Swagbucks. I think it's pretty much the easiest way to earn free stuff...no surveys or anything like that.
    Last edited by crunchierthanthou; 07-11-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: referral

I'm constantly promoting Swagbucks on my blog...because it's awesome. I'm getting $10 in Amazon cards & still have more points. me some Swagbucks!

Did you guys enjoy all the code madness yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyFins3Lil'Fish View Post
    Did you guys enjoy all the code madness yesterday?
    Does a fat dog fart?

And today is Mega Swag Day! Happy hunting...

Carseat Crazy

I just got 20 bucks for searching MyPay (military site)!

I use Swagbucks and have claimed $100 worth of Amazon Gift Cards. I got 100 bucks yesterday because I had no idea yesterday was a crazy bucks day until late.
    Diana, Mommy To:
    Kolin [5.5.04]-Ava [12.13.05]-Aden [2.18.09]

Senior Community Member mommy2env's Avatar

Okay, sorry to bump this up...but I have a few questions.

First, how do I get a referral link. Like when you want to refer someone to get the credits.

Second, what are some of the top earning searches?

Third, how many swagbucks do you need to redeem a gift card?

DD1~14yrs old~Seatbelt

DD2~8 yrs old ~Cow Frontier 85 and Pink Monterey
    DS~3 yrs old Britax Roundabout and Coccoro in Licorice/Carrot Cake
    DD3~ 10 weeks in a Chicco Keyfit

First, how do I get a referral link. Like when you want to refer someone to get the credits.

Go to the homepage. In the "quicklinks" section click on "promote". The page that opens up should give you your referral link.

Second, what are some of the top earning searches?
    So far I haven't found any top searches. Just make swagbucks your search engine (although admittedly, their search engine sucks, so when I need better results I search google on them then use google for my actual search. LOL).

Third, how many swagbucks do you need to redeem a gift card?
    You need to look at the giftcards in the swagstore for that answer as they all are different.

I use swagbucks... for now. I'm not that impressed. Their search engine is NOT as good as google's (Yes, I know google runs it, but there seems to be a LOT more junk to sift through so it is harder to find stuff on swagbucks)

When I HAVE to find something, I still find myself going back to google.

--Sarah & D.J. (3-20-04)
    DS (08/07) ~ 8 ~ 52 pound ~ Graco Highback Turbobooster -- 3rd Grade!
    DD (08/11) ~ 4 yr ~ 32 lb ~ Britax Roundabout 50, Maestro -- Pre-K!

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    I use swagbucks... for now. I'm not that impressed. Their search engine is NOT as good as google's (Yes, I know google runs it, but there seems to be a LOT more junk to sift through so it is harder to find stuff on swagbucks)

When I HAVE to find something, I still find myself going back to google.
    Exactly. That's why I'll use swagbucks to "search" for google then just use google for my needs. LOL... I've earned some swags while doing it. LOL...

Senior Community Member Melizerd's Avatar

ok bumping again. I joined today and got the toolbar. I had another friend who referred me.

I'm hoping for some fun present money by Xmas
    Mel,RN
    Married 13 years to a wonderful DH and mom to an amazing 8 year old boy.

Living the dream...Blogging about love, life and family

So far I got a restaurants.com GC. I just need ink in my pronter to print it out. LOL...

Google is the best imo. I think that I might try Swagbucks a try.

Senior Community Member Melizerd's Avatar

I thought we'd think this was funny!

I've already redeemed one $5 gift card for Amazon and I'm spending points today for my second one and I've only joined 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by crunchierthanthou; 07-11-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: referral
    Mel,RN
    Married 13 years to a wonderful DH and mom to an amazing 8 year old boy.

Living the dream...Blogging about love, life and family

Senior Community Member seamonkeys's Avatar

Yup, I'm a swagger. In my first 2 mths I redeemed $20 in Amazon gift cards to put towards a new digital camera. I haven't been taking the time this past month to find codes as much, so I'm only up to almost 700, which I'm going to use to get $5 in paypal.
    Last edited by crunchierthanthou; 07-11-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: referral