My GN buckle flipped itself over!

pastrygirl

I've had a Nautilus for less than two months. This morning, I went to buckle my son in and I saw that one of the buckle tongues was backwards -- as in, it flipped itself around the harness strap. How in the world?

Sometimes when I buckle him in, the edge folds over itself a tiny bit (similar to what my Keyfit did/does). Somehow over time it crept more and more, I guess? Has anyone else had this happen?

ADS

TnT's Mom

Yes! My son somehow manages to do this at least once a month. He can buckle himself (I always check him after he is done, though!) and unbuckle himself and somehow he manages to get it spun around. I have no idea how because it isn't the easiest thing to get it back the right way. We have always noticed it as we were starting to buckle because the strap across his lap on that side will be twisted if that makes sense. It always seems to happen when we are in a huge hurry or it is raining or freezing cold and then I feel like it takes me forever to get it back correctly!

TnT's Mom

Yeah. I think I've seen it once in two years....it was pretty simple to get it back.

I don't know why we struggle with it at times...I actually have to fold the strap and keep working the buckle up over it to get it back on the correct side???

Maedze

Maybe I'm unfairly using the word 'simple' in comparison to the locking latchplates on our Dodge, which have twisted around too and are an UNHOLY UNGODLY NIGHTMARE to switch back to the right side :whistle:

TnT's Mom

Maybe I'm unfairly using the word 'simple' in comparison to the locking latchplates on our Dodge, which have twisted around too and are an UNHOLY UNGODLY NIGHTMARE to switch back to the right side :whistle:

Could be that or could just be that I have issues :p. I am actually getting faster at it...though I could really do without the "practice"!

Oh, and we had the whole seatbelt buckle end up the wrong way in DH's Ford F150...what a pain!

pastrygirl

I had trouble with it. I had to fold it over a little, then slide the tongue up and down, fold some more, etc. Eventually it worked. What a PITA if this is going to happen again and again!

tweetybaby2005

Yep, this happens to our GN as well. My 6.5 yo DD manages to get it twisted the wrong way numerous times and it is a pain to get it back to the right side. My DH was complaining about it and wanted her out of this carseat and get a HBB. Well, he will get his wish sooner or later because I just moved her up to the top slot over the weekend because she finally shot up in her torso instead of just growing her legs. :D So much for wanting to keep her in this seat till she is 7.5 ~ 8. :eek:

Kuan

midwestmeg

That's a graco 'feature' I've discovered... it happens occasionally in our Nauti also. I just work it back the right way. Annoying. I wish that Graco straps were a little 'tougher' like the Britax ones.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC