What do you think of the fit of the RSTV?

tl01

Update in post #9

Here are a few pics of DS in the vest. It doesn't seem really comfy for him in the car though it wouldn't be for frequent usage. I don't like the gap in the vest at the back. DS is complaining it is too tight though. When he sits down in the car the vest has a tendency to scoot up and then there's a gap above his shoulders. I'll try to get pics of that later but need DH's car for it.
From the front.
IMG_2188.jpg

I don't like the gap in the rest of the pics.
IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

TnT's Mom

We are also still trying to decide if our vest is right for us as well (I saw your post about the SafeGuard Go Hybrid...we had considered that as well). I didn't take pictures of the back of DS in his when I posted about fit but I do not believe ours gapped like that. We feel like the crotch strap is too short (it actually came undone when he sat down in the car) but without it on, the vest rides up when he sits and we are having some issues with the tether straps and comfort.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No, there shouldn't be that gap in the back. It looks like it needs to be pulled down a bit before you tighten the crotch strap. A gap at the shoulders is ok but not so much a gap at the back, right around the torso.

Pixels

But once the top tether is hooked up, that will pull the top of the vest up, pulling the gap out of the back and turning it into a gap above the shoulders.

Is the torso length adjustable on the vest?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
But even with the tether (if used-- it's optional with shoulder belt) I think there will be too much gapping.

That's why I think the vest needs to be pulled down before the crotch strap is tightened. :)

tl01

I'll try it again when I get home. I'll see what happened when I pull it down more. I think last night it was down further while he was in the car but then the
crotch strap was too long and didn't meet up with the Velcro .

tl01

Okay, so I put the vest back on him today and I can't pull the vest down in the back for a better fit b/c then it pulls it off of his shoulders. The way the pic is is just the fit. When I really pull on the tether strap to see where the slack in the vest goes when it would be tethered in the car it looks only slightly better than the last pic. There's still a lot of space back there. I'm thinking that that means the vest doesn't really fit him well.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, he's too small for the vest then. It's just his build I'd guess. Though strangely I wonder if the old-style wouldn't fit him better because it has a rigid back.

tl01

Yeah, he's too small for the vest then. It's just his build I'd guess. Though strangely I wonder if the old-style wouldn't fit him better because it has a rigid back.

It totally fits everywhere else. In fact it is nice and snug throughout the shoulders. I don't think he could grow into that part. He's a big kid... Wears 5t shirts and 4t pants.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC