Britax covers; plush, mesh, etc.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Can someone explain to me the difference between the fabrics in the britax covers? I always see people listing things on swap and mentioning one if the plush, or mesh, or whatever. I guess I've never noticed a difference :confused:

Anyone have close up pics?

ADS

munchkin

Can someone explain to me the difference between the fabrics in the britax covers? I always see people listing things on swap and mentioning one if the plush, or mesh, or whatever. I guess I've never noticed a difference :confused:

Anyone have close up pics?

It is not so much what they look like, but how they feel. The plush ones are obviously plush, and soft. I have heard that Britax sprays a flame retardant 'glue' on the cover and then blew/stick the plush onto the cover. If you get something stuck to the cover you can peel some of the 'plush' off. The mesh ones aren't mesh, they are slick - mainly in the middle. You can just wipe stuff off them easily. Then there are the coutures and cotton ones. The coutures feel like heavy drapery material. They aren't soft, but they aren't uncomfortable. The cotton ones (mostly the denims, speedway, freedom) are cotton. So they are extra cool in the summer and most kids don't get sweaty in them.

Really once you feel one of each, you will know what the others in the same category feel like. I prefer the plush or coutures (mostly for the pattern), others prefer the coolness (temp. wise) of the cottons, or the easy of cleaning with the slick ones. Hope that helps you!

kittykate

No picks of the actual seats, but "mesh" is like a pair of boys athletic shorts, while "plush" is soft like velvet or velour. I *think* only the Frontier has mesh covers.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Hmm... that makes sense. We have a couple MA's (ashley and some other foral pattern with a girl name I can never remember), and they are most certainly plush and velour-like. We have a gray MA that is still soft, plush I guess you'd call it, but not as velour like the other two, if that makes sense? It reminds me of how the sahara regent cover feels. Sort of like suede??

BellesMom

Would the sides of the Onyx pattern be considered the "plush" kind? What would the center be considered then, lol?

Melissa

munchkin

Would the sides of the Onyx pattern be considered the "plush" kind? What would the center be considered then, lol?
Melissa

The sides of the Onyx I felt isn't as plush as the 'plush' covers (like the Ashley Floral), but it is a little plush. The center is the slicky material. The same is on the Platinum and Sahara covers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC