Combi Dakota - do they still make it??

Kat_Momof3

JOOOLLLLLLLSSSSS!!!

HELP!

Okay... so I thought I had this all figured out... Jeffrey would use the Monterey till he passed the 5-step test... and if he outgrew it first, I'd get him a Harmony lightrider... HA!

I showed it too him and he said... NO... the armrests are WAY too short... and he started talking about the Clek Olli.

Well, I'm not shelling out close to 100 for an Olli for so little amount of time (like... a year or two)... and then for it to sit in storage till Ruthie needs it... no way.

But... I immediately showed him Jools' comparison shots of the Olli and Combi and you know what... he immediately asked for the Dakota.. he loved the lime green and he loved that the armrests looked even taller... AND... without telling him Bitsy's age, when I showed him the review of the Dakota (so he could see pics of kids in it) on the blog, he said... See, Mom, it's for kids that are MY age... she's my age.. I want that one... after I'm too big for the Monterey (oh yes, he had to make it quite clear that he was using the back on the Monterey till he got too tall for it... which could be one good growth spurt away at this point)

SO... I go on combi-intl to find out where all I can buy it (aka... can I just dash down to USA baby next month, like I was thinking)... and it's NOT ON THE SITE... (I was also wanting to see what color options are out right now... as I'd make sure he didn't change his mind and want orange or something... )

So with the Dakota NOT on combi's website... does this mean they've discontinued it?

What's going on?

ADS

MOM25BOYS

Amazon still has them..:whistle:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Combi-Dakota-Backless-Booster-Keylime/dp/B001V2R770/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1267060210&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Combi Dakota Backless Booster Car Seat, Keylime: Baby[/ame]

Maedze

I think it's been off the Combi website for a while.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Combi-Dakota-Backless-Booster-Keylime/dp/B001V2R770/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1267060307&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Combi Dakota Backless Booster Car Seat, Keylime: Baby[/ame]

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
:D
Too funny, I'm so glad my little blog entry helped. She loves that booster, we were both a little heartbroken when I tried it in the Escape the other day and it made her so tall that the shoulderbelt was off her arm instead of on her shoulder :(

sirrahn

I showed it too him and he said... NO... the armrests are WAY too short... and he started talking about the Clek Olli.

That was the first thing my 10 yr old (who uses and Olli normally) complained about when I got him a Literider. In his case though, it's in DH's car, and he is pretty much only in there for the 10 minute ride to Cub Scouts and back each week so I told him to deal:p.

FWIW he did concede that it was otherwise pretty comfortable though, and I've never heard another word about the arm rests.

Kat_Momof3

I know it's still available online... I'm just worried about manufacture dates... if I were paying 13.50, I'd probably not care... but the combi costing about 30 makes me want it to be able to be used down the line... when Ruthie outgrows the FPSV booster in her dad's car as a spare... and then further down the line when she outgrows the vivo...

So I want to be sure it's a current seat or that I get the newest date possible

And I know so many here like it, I was hating the thought of our booster choices lessening again.

SIGH... I guess key lime is the only color choice... thank goodness he likes it!

I wouldn't have given him a choice if it were for our spare car, but since he's in the van so much (especially during the summer), I want him to love it... and if armrests make him that happy (he has been complaining that now that he's so big, the Monterey armrests are too small if the back is on)... I'll get the one with big armrests.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC