Were longer Nauti crotch straps ever released?

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I have a friend who is to the point that she can hardly buckle her daughters Nauti due to the crotch strap being so short. Graco told her they had never had the compliant and hers must be defective and are offering her a replacement or a refund.

Will her new one have a longer strap? Was anything ever resolved with this issue?

Thanks!

ADS

Maedze

Re: Were loner Nauti crotch straps ever released?

I don't recall there being an issue?

I have found the length of the crotch strap to be more than adequate. Hmmmm. The next time I'm in the car I could measure for you if you like :)

TXDani

Senior Community Member

I remember reading that a lot of people were having issues and Graco was thinking about releasing a longer one?

Is there multiple crotch positions? She said she had it on the most further out one but I haven't looked for myself.

Qarin

I'm sitting in my car right now, within reach of two Nautilus seats; I don't have a ruler, but would give a fairly accurate estimate of 5" for the crotch strap- I have never considered the idea that the Nautilus had a short crotch strap (wasn't that the... Radian?).

I'm not really clear what the problem your friend is having- is it having to dig the strap out? Is the child very large and really sitting on the strap? Or is she really find that the strap is way down between the legs? Have her measure the strap, from where it comes up to the top of the buckle- if it's not close to 5", I'd suggest that maybe Graco is right and she has a defective one, or that it's caught up in something- actually, my first guess is that when she moved it to the further away slot, she only moved it through the cover, without moving it to the other actual slot in the seat itself.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Is this a chunkier child at the very limits of the seat, like 60+ pounds?
I'm having a hard time envisioning it, frankly....dd is a chunkyish kid with biggish thighs, and weighs 45 lbs (a short squat 45 lbs, 5 yo, not a tall lean older kid) and the crotch strap has lots of room, her thighs aren't squished at all, in fact uit is SO long it comes all the way up into her stomach area, which at first had me concerned..... What about Qarins suggestion? Some sort of misroute? Or else maybe a truly defective strap.

Here is a pic. It is a REALLY bad pic, we were leaving grammas house and dd was very sad, and crying, and I was trying to get her to make a goofy face fo rthe camera. And yes, the chest clip is low, she had just buckled in and hadn't adjusted everything yet. But you can clearly see the buckle...it's right there, not down on her legs or anything at all...all the way up through her legs and into her torso area, sits about at her waist. It's a pretty long strap.

oct-nov09384-1.jpg

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Apex had the short strap that you could call and get replaced.

The "issue" with the crotch strap with the Nautilus never was *actually* an issue, just a miscommunication. As far as I knew there were no plans to change it.

There are two settings for the position.

Piper's Nautilus crotch strap fit like it does on B&J's DD. It came up well past her thighs nearly to her belly button.

Wendy

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Ok, I searched the forum for a while and found what I was thinking of...it was when Graco said the child couldn't sit on top of the strap. The child isn't chunky or near the weight limit but she is solid.

Thank you for the pictures and info about how the strap is on your child.

I e-mailed my friend and am going to meet up with her to look at the seat soon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC