Tried the CA out today (pics).

zactayaus

Here's Gavin in the CA today at Target. I have to wonder about leg room. I don't think I've heard anyone complain about it, but see how far his feet stick out over the edge of the seat already. I do think he fit in it very nicely though. If I didn't already have two MA's for him I might have considered this seat.

CA4.jpg
CA6.jpg

ADS

Cryssy Jane

CUTE!!! Odin complains sometimes about the leg room, and you can tell he's a little more squished in the CA than in the RN.

InternationalMama

I was thinking about this the other day. We have a Safety 1st Avenue, which I think is a similar shell, and I was shocked when I switched DS from the ComfortSport to the Avenue how much less leg room he had in the Avenue. I have never heard anyone mention the lack of leg room in either the CA or Avenue, but FWIW the ComfortSport (oh hated seat that it is) has a lot more!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The CA is a little longer in the curved-down part so it gives more leg room than the Avenue. Not as much as the Radian but certainly respectable. When it's in the car remember that you'll have all that bottom part that his legs are OVER now, in FRONT of him for more leg room.

menfusse

I swear he is the cutest thing!

Dh saw this seat a couple of weeks ago. He makes fun of me a bit with the whole carseat thing, but I'm wearing him down. I mean, he defaults to me whenever it comes to how they should ride, his fun making stems from my ooooh and aaaahhh at new seats and all that, lol. Anyway, so he saw this seat the other day, and while he normally would pay very little attention, if any at all when in the car seat isle, he was actually compelled to reach out and touch it. And comment on how nice it was. I had tried dd in it at one time, but she didn't like it. Said the straps rubbed her neck too much.

MOM25BOYS

Such a cutie! :love: Might I say how jealous I am of how much hair he has... :whistle: DS5 has no where near that amount, lol. :D I was very surprised at how much leg room DS5 had when I tried him in my sisters CA the other week. Here is a pic of him with it install in my '04 Expedition. Not as much as his RN, but still ALOT better than the MA. :thumbsup:

DSCN2334-1.jpg

Mom2FiveGirls

He is so cute! :) DD#3 had a pacifier like that one and LOVED it! Once she bit a hole in the pacifier we took it off and she still has the puppy and sleeps with it every night (she'll be 6 in April) :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC