diapers.com diapers

ADS

natysr

I was looking on their website last night and saw them.

My first thought was "If they want me to try their diapers, they will need to either give me a free sample, or sell them in smaller packs, because I'm not not forking out $40 to try them and get stuck with a whole case of diapers I hate."

But, then again, I'm a Pamper's snob.

crunchierthanthou

I hear you on the huge packs. We mostly use them at night, so it would take us months to use up a box. I'm only considering them because I have some credits there. :cool:

I think you're going to be disappointed in about 10 months. They redesigned the bigger ones (cruisers?). I did a product trial on them and they were awful. but then, I'm not a Pampers fan. I've read poor reviews on mommy blogs though.

but, you can get a free sample of those -https://www.pgeverydaysolutions.com/pgeds/pampers/brandsampler-login.jsp

and it says officially launching march 15, so you may want to stock up on the old style if you liked them...

Athena

When I recently bought them, I got a 50 cent instant coupon + $5 off with the code premium5. I probably wouldn't have tried them at full price.

I have only just started using them today so I don't have a strong opinion yet. I'm usually an Earth's Best snob :), but thought I should give them a try while I had the good buy since I cannot afford to always buy the best.

Based on my observation so far, they are probably average thickness and no leaks so far. They fit well and appear to be comfortable. They are not as large as EB, but I've thought that EB run a little large. I'm using size 4 for our average weight, tall 20 month old DD and they fit fine. Sorry I cannot tell you more, but I've only used a couple of the diapers so far.

Athena

are they comparable to any other national brand?

Obviously, they are nothing like seventh gen or EB. They are not meant to be. I don't use the other brands. I would already say they are better than some store brands I have tried, but some are bad. It is early to say, but by appearance they may be similar to Costco brand in thickness and general appearance, but probably don't run quite as small. I haven't actually compared them though. HTH

natysr

I think you're going to be disappointed in about 10 months. They redesigned the bigger ones (cruisers?). I did a product trial on them and they were awful. but then, I'm not a Pampers fan. I've read poor reviews on mommy blogs though.

but, you can get a free sample of those -https://www.pgeverydaysolutions.com/pgeds/pampers/brandsampler-login.jsp

and it says officially launching march 15, so you may want to stock up on the old style if you liked them...

Well darn. Pampers already made one change during Jordan's diapering years. They added that mesh layer. I didn't like that very much, and didn't find they were quite as absorbant as before. I also didn't like the way the mesh pulled away from the diaper and stuck to his butt.

Hopefully Trevor will be of similar stature as Jordan. It was ages before we were forced to switch from Swaddlers to Cruisers.

The only Huggies I ever had were about a dozen free samples. Every one of them leaked.

Jordan was in Pampers for 3 years and of those, I can think of only 4 leaks ever.

elle7715

Thanks for asking, I've been wondering about them too. I'd also be willing to try a jumbo pack or use some free samples. There's no way I'd spring for a whole box of them though. I'm too picky about diapers.

Yeh...they've changed them. I was "lucky" enough to be in one of the areas they snuck the newer diapers in with old packaging months ago. I actually called them thinking something went terribly wrong in their manufacturing process. Then I read a blog about how they completely changed Cruisers and realized they'd done the same thing with Swaddlers. The new Cruisers no longer have the mesh but the new Swaddlers still do. The difference is the filling. The older diapers had that fluffy absorbent stuff you could see in the diaper when you held it up to the light. Now it's just a very thin square of even material in the center, with an even thinner layer of material going up the back. It really reminds me of the material in an ultra-thin pad and I bet that's what it is. The outside is more crinkly now too. Anyway, sorry to totally derail the thread, but just wanted to warn you that they've changed. We went from no leaks to having them all the time. When I called to complain they sent me a bunch of coupons that I used to buy older diapers I knew had been on the shelf for a while. I'm such a Pampers snob too...to this day I still haven't bought anything else. I have a bunch of Huggies and Kirkland samples we've been using and after my stock of old Pampers runs out I think I'll switch to those. This baby is built completely different than my first two (she's actually got chub on her) so the Huggies actually fit her well. I hear Target's diapers are comparable to the old Cruisers so I might check those out soon.

Athena

I hear Target's diapers are comparable to the old Cruisers so I might check those out soon.

Unless they've changed them again, the Target diapers are not good. When DD1 was little, they worked great and were so cheap, but I think they changed them after DD2 was born because, although DD2 was far more leaky, we could no longer use them for DD1 either. I haven't tried them for a while so it is possible they have changed them again. They are certainly cheap enough and in small enough packs that it isn't a risk to try them.

Athena

We've now had DD2 in the diapers.com diapers for 24 hours and all has gone well. They don't seem like anything special by appearance, but we've had no leaks, no skin reactions (not that she usually does), no problems, so, unless something changes, I'd buy them again. :)

crunchierthanthou

Unless they've changed them again, the Target diapers are not good. When DD1 was little, they worked great and were so cheap, but I think they changed them after DD2 was born because, although DD2 was far more leaky, we could no longer use them for DD1 either. I haven't tried them for a while so it is possible they have changed them again. They are certainly cheap enough and in small enough packs that it isn't a risk to try them.

They changed them last summer when they introduced the Up & Up product line. I didn't like them, but some people here are big fans. Apparently they can vary with what area of the country you're in, though.

elle7715

Thanks for telling me about the Target diapers! It's $6.50 for a jumbo pack here so if they're on sale I'll try them and use one of the dollar Up&Up product coupons. For that price I wouldn't mind trying them...

SavsMom

I love the new Up and Up diapers at Target. I did find that the diapers in the box seemed a little better than those in the smaller packs :confused:

The fit is nice, no leaks, no funky smell (I hate the pampers smell - lol), no rash, very soft exterior, absorbent liner, and best of all no elmo, big bird, barney, blue, tigger....well, you get the idea. The best part is a box of size 4's (80 + diapers) is only $13.69! Most every time I buy them I end up with a coupon for $3 off a box at the register :thumbsup:

Holly

I tried the Up and Up Target diapers last summer when they were new. I didn't like them, they just felt too thick and would bunch and swell tons when they were peed in. I just tried them again last month and they are great now! They seem a lot different than before, thinner, the outer material feels different, I just like them a lot now and they are what we use for overnight (cloth during the day).

I'm also a huge Pampers fan, but they are too expensive for me, Before the Up and Up, I'd buy Luvs. They are made by the same company as Pampers and are quite similar, except I think the pampers are softer. I've never tried cruisers, just swaddlers and baby dry. Baby dry is my favorite, anyone know if they are changing that? I've heard nothing but bad stuff about the new cruisers with dry max. I have a sample coming so I'll have to see what I think of them. From the way they are described, I wonder if they have the same absorbant stuff inside that Always just started using in their "Infinity" pads. Ok for a pad, but I can't imagine it working well at all in a diaper.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC