That Chevy Traverse commercial

crunchierthanthou

You know, the one they've shown 674 times during the Olympics.

1. I like their rug. :eek:

2. at least she's in a booster. nice low labpelt fit, too (0:14)

3. what is it though? red ABS plastic and cupholders like the AMP, but pink seat pad and armrest covers? (eta: for sure an AMP with aftermarket padding)

4. but really, all those kids and not a single other restraint in the 8 passenger vehicle?

5. and she could use a hbb the way she's OOP at the end.

:cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdetQH_6SWU"]YouTube- Chevy Traverse - Father and Daughter[/ame]

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Argh! Really. It *is* an Amp, but with some fugly pink armrest covers. When I saw it on tv, I only rolled it back once and assumed it was a TB because of the armrests, but then they caught me offguard because they were sitting so high on her and the TB armrests are kinda low.

Yet another misuse by a vehicle manufacturer. They just can't seem to do it right, even with the easiest type of seat to use.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
My thought was that he was going to come home to a big pile o' ashes, leaving all those boys home alone...

aeormsby

I had to watch closely a few times to see if she was in a booster or not. Not idea, but at least she's in something.

And the lap belt in those vehicles is always nice and low (we have the Saturn version) Here's my 3.5 yo testing out the fit when we were cleaning the car (of course she would NEVER, EVER drive anywhere like this!). I was surprised how low the lap portion fit her already (the shoulder belt is thru the built in strap adjuster thing).
100_6304.JPG

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Darn, they took it down. How can the Traverse commercial be decent, but the Equinox kid so desperately needs a booster, even my DH noticed. (Like, why can't Chevy have the same oversight on all ads they allow to be made?)

Kat_Momof3

they didn't take it down... you just have to click "watch it on youtube" (they disabled embedding)

I don't know why she has those armrest covers... but here's my two cents... for what it's worth

1. it looked like all the other kids were supposed to be BIG kids (and all boys... which is why the dad talks about having been the only boy with 4 sisters... we are then left to assume that all those feet and such were 4 BIG boys)... and she's the baby

2. she looks to be about age 7-8, just small for her age (going by her teeth... the two top ones are adult teeth)... so I would PREFER such a small child in a highback booster, but for that age, and it obviously being a quick trip, I wouldn't NORMALLY quibble about a backless booster

which brings me to

3. I hate the shoulderbelt fit on her... I've seen the gallery photos on chevrolet's site... there is no way that belt should be like that on her... it's adjustable... SHAME on the people making the commercial.

(heck, you can tell by the pp's pic of her daughter in the saturn that it shouldn't fit that way)

It looked fine from the front, but HORRID from the side.

Going by the shoulderbelt fit... she needed to be in a highback

BUT...

4. To make it believable that it was THAT easy to last-minute change where she was sitting, a backless was the way to go...

AND

5. wouldn't it have been cooler if she'd been using a clek olli? AND if the traverse had enough latch spots that you could have been shown the little girl UN-latching and then RE-latching her booster in each of her seats?

just thoughts here.

Now THIS one...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujKYEJqgWEE&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=685730D1A37C3F0B"]YouTube- Chevy Equinox - Scavenger Hunt[/ame]

I think is worse... because the little girl is shown at 00:22 from the side... NOT using a booster and her knees NOT bending at the edge

at 00:20, if you pause and look at the color and shape of the armrests of her "BROTHER'S" booster... he's riding in a combi dakota in lime... showing great use.

I think it stinks they show such great use for him and then horrid for her.

At the beginning, yes you can see she's taller (and presumed older), but only by 2-3"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC