Frontier XT (aka Fronier 85 in US) on CDN Britax website and have arrived in a couple of stores!

ADS

NSmom

Re: Frontier XT (aka Fronier 85 in US) on CDN Britax website!

I am super excited, can't wait to get one! DD saw the pink one today and says she has to have it...somehow I am sure DS will not feel the same when it becomes his someday!;)

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician

According to FB it will be available here in March.

Did Britax's website say this when anyone else visited it, or is this statement new? :whistle: (and if so, where?!)

FrontierXT.jpg

DadToThree

Did Britax's website say this when anyone else visited it, or is this statement new? :whistle: (and if so, where?!)

We called and our shipment shipped today - we will have the model instock later this week. PM me for more details.

LittlePeanut

I noticed the "NOW AVAILABLE" too. I wonder if they meant "not" instead of "new" ;)

I'm thrilled to see the 20" harness height though. Is it also a higher weight now for boostering? I thought it was only 100 lbs before and it says now it's 120 lbs. What other improvements have others noticed?

mommycat

I think Darren's blog said that there did not used to be a stated weight limit for the booster mode, though that may be only in the US.

tweetykl

The US site says Coming Soon. Maybe Canada will get the seats first for once.

Vanessa23

I'm so excited for this one. I bought the Nautilus when it was on sale and I hate it. I too wish the red was available. Wasn't there a store that did special orders for the red cover before?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

85? XT? WTH? Why must Britax copy Sunshine Kids names? (even if they are sort of different in different countries, it's lame, lol).

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled anticipation....
:D

NSmom

Has anyone seen them available for pre-order yet online? I checked DD in her Nautilus yesterday, and she's as close to outgrowing that as she is her Frontier. When I checked a month ago and bought a second Nautilus they gave her at least 1/2-1 inch over the Frontier. This darn growth spurt is ruining all my seat plans, if she keeps it up I will have weeks, not the months I planned on!

Sap

Why is the harness only rated for 65lbs here? So frustrating!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

Why is the harness only rated for 65lbs here? So frustrating!
Because CMVSS does not allow a seat to harness past 65#. That being said, CMVSS allows up to 65# forward-facing AND rear-facing :thumbsup:! (unfortunately though, no one offers a seat in Canada that rear-faces that high even if CMVSS allows it :()

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor

quick update -- I just got off the phone with Snugglebugz. The Frontier XT has arrived in his store and it's for $299, free shipping. It is apparently a nice seat with lots of improvements. Expect a 'review' in this forum soon :)

I also just talked to the Safety Superstore and it also received its FRXT yesterday. $299 and free shipping in certain areas but they are willing to work with you. So call.

Both stores have a limited amount of the old Frontier in Pink Sky at a discount. The price given by SS is $209 and I expect Snugglebugz's price would be in the same ball park (isn't all controlled by Britax anyway?) SS is however expected to receive more old Pink Sky in a couple of week and will sell them at $209. I don't know if Snugglebugz would or not, but at the present, there is a small amount of stock there. This would be good for those that don't need the extra harness height (eg. older kids that are not so tall or long torso or kids that need booster with high back and seatbelt guides).

I took the liberty to add that it has arrived in Canada in the original title, just so people would know.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC