Should I get a coccoro?

Crystal.

CPS Technician
I don't necessarily need another seat... but it would be nice to have an extra for the inlaws house. Right now in my mazda 5, I have an XTSL for my 2 year old and an EFTA for my 5 month old.

My mom has my 2 year old a lot, and my 5 month old occasionally. In her car she has an EFTA for my 2 year old and a scenera for my 5 month old.

Ideally, if I was to buy a coccoro it would go in my Mazda and I would move the other EFTA to my moms car. Then move the scenera to my inlaws for a "just in case" moment.

So yeah, I don't necessarily need another seat, but the coccoro looks soooo cute, and I can get a BNIB one for $100. Should I get it?

ADS

ZephyrBlue

If I could get a perfect install and pay $100 for one? Yep. The CCO was too tippy in my vehicle, so I wasn't comfortable w/it, but would have loved to keep it if I didn't have that problem. And I'd be 100% happier w/a baby in a CCO than a Scenera if it was installed properly.

Crystal.

CPS Technician
Okay, you guys have talked me into it. I'm definitely going to try it in my vehicle now, if it fits... it's mine! :D

If I could get a perfect install and pay $100 for one? Yep. The CCO was too tippy in my vehicle, so I wasn't comfortable w/it, but would have loved to keep it if I didn't have that problem. And I'd be 100% happier w/a baby in a CCO than a Scenera if it was installed properly.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I hate having my baby in the Scenera but my mom insists... as she prefers the EFTA, and has my two year old more. Ugh. I'm just happy they're installed her car well. :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
As long as you realize that it's not good for very-extended rear-facing, sure. Your baby is still small enough, and at that price, who could resist?

But now you have to tell us where/how you're getting such a good deal.

dawnp15

Ahhh i want one soooo bad LOL!!! But if i got one i think my DH would nearly have a stroke LOL!!! They are really cute little seats, and with my peanuts it would last us a lot longer than average. If i could get one for $100, i think i might get one!!!

Crystal.

CPS Technician
As long as you realize that it's not good for very-extended rear-facing, sure. Your baby is still small enough, and at that price, who could resist?

But now you have to tell us where/how you're getting such a good deal.

Luckly, I also have little babies. :) So I expect that I can get some decent use out of it. After that, I think I'm going to buy a radian... but I'm still torn on that. Hopefully in another couple of years there will be even higher weight RF limit seats.

As for the $100, I have a friend who is expecting a baby and was given a coccoro and absolutely does not want it. She wants a britax... because it's the safest :rolleyes: It doesn't matter what I say regarding any other seat, it's Britax she wants. So, she said that she'd sell it to me the Coccoro for $100. Her loss is my gain. :love:

poohbear

Kohls' is having their 15/20/30 sale again starting tomorrow. They have the coccoro for $179. With 30 percent off (code march30) using a kohls card and $20 kohls cash, free shipping, and 5% back from bing, that brings it to about $100 when all is said and done. I believe right now they are out of the licorice and dark brown, but seem to have all the other colors in stock. I got a licorice one last month - DOM was Feb 2009, but for that price, and a 7 year expiration, I was okay with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC